TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Had A Blast!!!!!!

First time for the rafting and it was great, had lunch on the shore a little ways in so we would... read more

Reviewed August 24, 2019
Passenger96898
Best guide ever

Our guide was so professional. What a great trip! This company had it right! Lunch, two... read more

Reviewed August 1, 2019
Mobile602953
Little Rock, Arkansas
via mobile

All reviews other companies small operation personalized experience day trip big companies brown's canyon arkansas river top notch wet suits rafting company under control these guys awesome experience lots of fun great job next year made us feel
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2018

Acquired Tastes does a great job of guiding you on the trip. I love going with them because they don't required the helmets on the low level Brown's Canyon tour, which are very cumbersome and take away the experience of the freedom of rafting. They give you two extra rapids by putting in at Johnson City so the trip lasts longer.

Date of experience: July 2017
3  Thank Pilotpc12
Reviewed June 20, 2018

heard about this company through a friend and can't believe how lucky we were - had an awesome raft trip with Drew as our guide and he was wonderful - the water was down a bit but still had a great time - he was knowledgeable and really seemed to enjoy what he was doing - overall a fantastic time!! Would recommend this company to anyone who wants a first rate raft experience

3  Thank munsonjoni
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Our group of 8 guys met in CO this summer and had a great time doing whitewater rafting with Acquired Tastes (1/2 day trip, with lunch!). Our guides were great and took really good care of us. On a colder than typical day, the wetsuits rentals were great and very affordable. Overall great time - and we'll definitely be back to Acquired Tastes next time in the area (hopefully not too long!)

4  Thank j2adams
Reviewed June 19, 2018

Acquired Tastes Rafting provides a terrific overnight rafting experience, and takes care of you the whole while. Ryan is a phenomenal guide and navigated 30 miles of the Arkansas with us. Mike hosted a top notch campsite, and is a fantastic cook. The six people on our trip will be talking about this river for years.

Highly recommend spending the $12 to use a wetsuit for the trip.

Chuck has built a great business!

4  Thank Will H
Reviewed August 27, 2017

If you would like to raft the Arkansas River there are several choices for Rafting Companies. Several are the Big Wall-Mart type discounted, lets take 200 down today companies. However if you are looking for real personalized, individual service; I highly recommend Acquired Tastes Rafting. Going with a company where the Guide will actually know your name, where the lunch is relaxed and of high quality, and the trip is safely executed, this should be your choice! My wife of 50 plus years had never been rafting and was scared to death. They took her concerns seriously, made sure she was comfortable in her life jacket and kept checking during the day, to confirm her trip was a positive and safe experience. We even got to know the staff so well, we were involved in their upcoming wedding (2 weeks) planning. Now, I need to state that I have been a professional rafting guide myself, many years ago. On this same river. I wanted to go with a commercial company with my very afraid wife. When one has done the same job before, it's always east to say, "well I would have done this differently". Acquired Tastes provided one of the most detailed safety talks I've ever heard and I never felt like I would have second guessed any part of their operation.
They are Very Professional, yet small and personal. I will never hesitate to take a trip with them again, even with my grand kids.

Date of experience: July 2017