TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Had A Blast!!!!!!

First time for the rafting and it was great, had lunch on the shore a little ways in so we would... read more

Reviewed August 24, 2019
Passenger96898
Best guide ever

Our guide was so professional. What a great trip! This company had it right! Lunch, two... read more

Reviewed August 1, 2019
Mobile602953
Little Rock, Arkansas
via mobile

All reviews other companies small operation personalized experience day trip big companies brown's canyon arkansas river top notch wet suits rafting company under control these guys awesome experience lots of fun great job next year made us feel
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2017

If you would like to raft the Arkansas River there are several choices for Rafting Companies. Several are the Big Wall-Mart type discounted, lets take 200 down today companies. However if you are looking for real personalized, individual service; I highly recommend Acquired Tastes Rafting. Going with a company where the Guide will actually know your name, where the lunch is relaxed and of high quality, and the trip is safely executed, this should be your choice! My wife of 50 plus years had never been rafting and was scared to death. They took her concerns seriously, made sure she was comfortable in her life jacket and kept checking during the day, to confirm her trip was a positive and safe experience. We even got to know the staff so well, we were involved in their upcoming wedding (2 weeks) planning. Now, I need to state that I have been a professional rafting guide myself, many years ago. On this same river. I wanted to go with a commercial company with my very afraid wife. When one has done the same job before, it's always east to say, "well I would have done this differently". Acquired Tastes provided one of the most detailed safety talks I've ever heard and I never felt like I would have second guessed any part of their operation.
They are Very Professional, yet small and personal. I will never hesitate to take a trip with them again, even with my grand kids.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank Tunertime
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

We just got back from a wonderful day and half white water rafting trip w Ryan from AT rafting in Buena Vista. We are not total thrill seekers but the Arkansas in August provided just about the right number of bumps and thrills for us... highly recommend both the Browns canyon for its views and notable rapids as well as Narrows for its more continual white water fun. We did come off the water cold on the first day due to some wind and rain but soon warmed up by the camp fire. The camping set up was not luxury but pragmatic in a beautiful spot by the river. Tess cooked up a great meal and some of the other guides and Chuck joined us. It was a great experience and we very much enjoyed it.

2  Thank Paul N
Reviewed August 3, 2017

We bring multiple groups ranging from 10-50 people every summer. Chuck and the AT Rafting crew always make it super easy to organize and execute our rafting trips. We always do the 1/2 day trip with lunch which is the best option for our groups. The guides are always a blast and are a big part of what makes the experience fun. Additionally, AT Rafting takes their groups and extra 2 miles on the river which is a huge bonus. We will definitely keep bringing our groups back to AT rafting. Highly recommend!!

2  Thank kelsieneff
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

Really really enjoyed this rafting company! Very good guides, and the owner is very nice. The overall experience was a 10/10, the company really wanted you to have a great time and we did! It was just me and my boyfriend and we were on our own raft with a guide who was well informed and fun to talk to! Highly suggest going with this company over any other in buena vista, I will be back for the river and this rafting company.

2  Thank KelleyU5
Reviewed August 1, 2017

This was an amazing rafting trip! Great local rafting company! Professional staff care about their customers' experience and only do small groups to ensure you get the best experience. We did the Brown's Canyon Half Day and got the two extra rapids, one of which ended up being our favorite of the whole trip! The items you might have forgotten (like a glasses strap at $5/pp) or wet suits to rent (again $5/pp) are not overpriced in their store either, an added bonus. Chuck, the owner, is wonderfully knowledgeable and proud to be "the oldest guide on the river." We will be back!

Date of experience: July 2017