“Fun ambiance and delicious food”
Review of the smokeshack - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
the smokeshack
Cuisines: American
Description: finally, an alternative to bar food (which i love, but not always the gritty bar). this place has great food - even for a veggie. fab mac 'n cheese, other sides. my husband and i split 2 sides mac 'n cheese, 1 frenech fies (fresh cut!!!) and aside of ribs - great stuff and affordable! prompt service, conventient.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun ambiance and delicious food”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Normally a restaurant that's attached to a gas station wouldn't seem like a great place to eat, but wow! I had their daily special of smoked chicken philly with sweet potato fries and it was scrumptious!! The staff was very friendly, the restaurant was clean, had great music, and the walls were covered in old concert posters. Add to that the affordable price and you can't beat this BBQ joint. Don't leave Buena Vista without stopping here.

• Visited April 2013

“Holy hickory smoke Batman!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When I think of BBQ, I think of explosive flavor, fun easy going atmospher, and knowledgeable staff. When visiting the Smokeshack that's exactly what you get. Ask any of the staff and they will tell you where, how, when, and who there food came from and prepared. I was informed that there smoking is done right on site and they make there own BBQ sauce. It's great! Not a pre bottled over sweet chemical concoction. Not only did the BBQ rock my boyfriend ordered a burger ( which I suppose is done as a special) but here's the catch... It was kangaroo. Amazing is all I can say. House made local food with a fun jamming atmosphere. I can't wait to try breakfast. Give it a try and I know you will like it!

• Visited May 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Not that great”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We go to Buena Vista a few times a year and are always looking for somewhere new to eat. The reviews for the Smoke Shack seemed pretty good, so we gave it a shot. I was not very impressed. I got the brisket sandwich and sweet potato fries. The sandwich was OK, but their sauce has very little flavor and I found my self drenching my sandwich to get some flavor going. The fries were over done and the ranch dressing was strange. My husband got a half back of ribs. The serving size was huge. However, he didn't enjoy the spice on these at all. He is a very NON-picky eater, so to say that he considered not eating them is saying something. I tried them and the one bite was enough for me. Whatever rub they are using is unusual and not great. We eat out a lot for BBQ and this has been my least favorite. So, although the service was nice and price was reasonable, I would not recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
Buena Vista, Colorado
“Great new option in buena vista”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good food, excellent service, the place gives the impression of cleanliness, which is a breath of fresh air in this area. The food was good, straightforward all-American fare at a reasonable price, served up quickly and efficiently. This is a great place for a quick meal, not for a special occasion.

• Visited October 2012
Lakewood, Colorado
“Wonderful breakfast!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just love this restaurant for breakfast. Haven't had lunch or dinner here but should try! Really like the smoked prime rib and eggs and the chicken-fried steak & eggs! The breakfast burrito I saw being served to others was huge - it looked wonderful. Great place.

• Visited October 2012