Open today: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM

Reviewed September 9, 2018
Deena B
via mobile

2,880 results
All reviews white water rafting rafting trip the river royal gorge grilled burgers guide alex bighorn sheep canyon great guide great trip great job overnight trip big horn sheep can't wait to come back class rapids lots of fun great lunch highly recommend this trip
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We all had a great time. It was a beautiful trip and we liked doing the paddling ourselves. Definitely want to do it again.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We loved our trip! We had the Irish guy, Brian, he was the BEST! He guided us brilliantly. He entertained us with stories. He got to know us and ask questions about our family. He made the day simply perfect. We floated late in the season (I think it was Brian’s last float for the year) the water was low and had a lot of obstacles. But our Irish lucky charm (Brian) kept us from flipping and got us down the river. Thanks to Sunshine, who booked my family of 11’s trip. She was incredibly helpful and accommodating. And again thanks to the Leprechaun Brian! We had such a wonderful time!

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I almost talked myself out of going with the rest of my family because I can’t swim and was scared to death of falling into the river. I cannot stand getting water in my face even. I was as close to a major meltdown as I care to be. Although he couldn’t guarantee I wouldn’t go into the water he was very respectful of my feelings and very encouraging. I ended up being able to enjoy the river ride completely! Thank you Cody!!!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

This was the 2nd time that I did river rafting after having an amazing experience in West Virginia. Firstly we had asked for half day rafting while booking but did not get it and instead had to pay for full day rafting. We were a group of 10 people and most of them had their first time and everyone was pretty excited.We were split in a group of 5 in 2 boats.Our guide was good and he was fine till the end of the 2nd half and guided us throughout.Only thing there were not many rapids and the water was still which I agree is not anyone's fault. Our second group had a terrible guide(Purposely withholding names because its someones job) and demoralized them at every stage which took the fun out of the experience. Finally it was break time and everyone was super hungry still the guides insisted on only 1 piece of fruit and only 1 burger. My point is when I have paid for it, its their responsibility to make sure that the food is sufficient. Still we let it go.After that both the guides from my and other group insisted that we should rethink going to the second half of the river rafting. We told them that there were people who are experienced and the first half was not at all fun with hardly any rapids. Still both of them kept telling that you guys dont know swimming and it is very dangerous. This further demoralized the people who were confident on going further. If swimming was the issue why hasnt the company made it mandatory before? While taking the money if they would have specified it , we would have looked for some other options.Anyways guys I made my experience clear its upto you to choose whether you want to have fun or have a negative experience.

1  Thank Apurva Z
Reviewed September 6, 2018

First time ever white water rafting. Curtis was an amazing guide and gave us the full white water experience. Would definitely do this again! Glad I got to see the Royal Gorge from this angle.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

From start to finish the AAE did a great job. Drew(our guide) was great in pointing things out for us during the trip. We had the whole raft to our self and we had a blast, even in the rain.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Reid was the best guide our family had a blast! Thank you American Adventure Expeditions we will see you soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Tour was well organized and they made the adventure quite enjoyable. Would recommend this group anytime

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Had a blast, Drew was an amazing guide and extremely knowledgeable. My wife and I loved the trip, the water was low so it was a more technical trip than normal. We are excited to come back and go on another trip. Would highly recommend AAE to anyone thinking of going white water rafting.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

My extended family did the 1/2 day rafting tour on Bighorn Sheep Canyon. We had kids as young as 7 and parents as old as 76. The age and ability levels weren't a problem at all. The guides Alan and Reid were great. We had originally booked the Browns Canyon but the water was too dry by August 29 so they rerouted us to Bighorn. I appreciated their expertise in the matter, they notified us in a timely way, and they accommodated some schedule changes we asked for as a result of the location change.