“Small Natural Stone Hot Springs”

Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Spa
Virginia Beach, Virginia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Small Natural Stone Hot Springs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I were staying in the area and visited the Cottonwood Hot Springs on one of our nights. It was very cold out but the natural stone hot springs provided quite a contrast to the snow on the ground. When we first arrived around 8pm, there weren't a lot of people at the hot springs so you had a sense of a little more privacy divided amongst the pools. The pools range in temperature so we moved from one pool to another depending on how hot or cool we had gotten. The best part was just relaxing in the warm water, feeling the cool air on your face and looking up at the clear night sky filled with stars. It did start getting a little more crowded towards the end of the evening but I had had enough soaking time by that point. There are changing rooms and cubbies to keep you items in while you soak. The only negative is that I thought it was a bit expensive if you only stay for a short time ($18 a person). Despite that, I would go again.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank nickel_travels

Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Dirty cabins, unkept hot tub, unprofessional staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Upon arrival, our cabin had been booked after we had already confirmed 4 different times. Once there, staff were unprofessional, rude, and not very accomodating. After we did finally accept a less than favorable cabin, we went inside to find the bed sheets were both full of human hair, wrinkled, and stunk. We immediately left the premises and called to explain the situation the next morning. We requested to speak with the owner, whom never returned our call, nor were we ever given her name. We were told that we would receive a refund, but this did not happen. Several additional calls have been made and each time, a new person answers the phone stating they have no idea what we are talking about. I will definitely be following up with the BBB as this poses an unnecessary safety risk to anyone visiting this place. We have yet to get our situation resolved and before you spend over $200.00 a night, please visit and see for yourself. I am very disappointed.

Visited December 2013
7 Thank Dacia G
Lakewood, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wanted comfort and privacy after my Moms funeral and got nothing like that”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Did not know hotel isn't open was never told stayed in a "house" with other couples who also were confused hotel not open only 2 of 5 pools open smoking abundant everywhere office, bath house so be careful if allergic tried to notify owner staff seems to be in control very rude staff

Visited November 2013
4 Thank Nurse42630
Copper Mountain, Co
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice Pool, Awful Accomodations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Before our recent trip I had been to the hot springs several times and really enjoyed myself, which is why when my husband asked what I wanted for my birthday I said I wanted to rent a cabin with a private pool at Cottonwood. It was a disaster. We checked in around 4:30 and there was about a foot of water in the pool, there was a hose in it but the water was coming out at a trickle. My husband went to the office to ask the guy about it and he explained that the water is gravity fed and it would be full in an hour. Sorry, but that pool would not have been full in 24 hours at that rate. My husband went back to see if there was anything else we could do to possibly speed it up. The guy came to the cabin to look at it and I was told that "we don't have any control over the pools" and we were welcome to use the public pools. I was a bit dumfounded by that answer, he expected us to pay $185 a night to use the public pools which would cost anyone else $20? No way. At least we were given a refund and allowed to check out. I just couldn't believe the piss poor customer service, he couldn't have cared less about us.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank kboyle
Denver, Colorado
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not as big as the others , but fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I am so glad we decided to stay. We got there and saw all of the construction and almost left without checking it out first. What a treat! We loved it so much we went back later that day (after 7) and went without the kids and watched the stars and full moon. Super clean but I will say this: I think the guy working that night let several of his friend in without paying and we didn't appreciate that since it was expensive for us to be there and the guy at night didn't make sure there was water to drink or cups. He didn't have the same work athic as the day person in my opinion. But we will be back, in the daytime

Visited July 2013