“A great place to soak and get away.”

Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Spa
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We have been going to Cottonwood for about 6 years now. Our first trip we stayed in a private cabin. It was quaint and private. The private little pool had to be tempered with cool water because it was too hot. Our subsequent trips we have stayed in the main logde in a king room. Over the last year they have updated the rooms and the bedding. Down blankets and warm colors. This is a very old historic building. They keep the resort very clean but this is not a place to go if you want ritzy. It is warm and comfortable and laid back. There are no phones or TVs. They have a light breakfast available with coffee and teas. They request a donation for this as is is not included in the room rate. We love staying at the resort as you have 24 hour access to the pools. Our favorite time to soak is just before sunrise. We are usually the only people in the pools at that time. It is extremely peaceful and the sunrise can be quite beautiful. The wind can blow through the canyon at times. A tip from a veteran. Bring a beanie to wear to keep the wind out of your ears. If you are looking to relax this is the place to come. Not fancy, just fabulous. You may even see wildlife on the mountain behind you.

3  Thank LittletonLaura

Reviewed December 24, 2011

The pool temperatures were just right. Clean and uncrowded during the week. Very comfortable pools.

1  Thank Peregrines8
Reviewed December 23, 2011

this is a great place to soak. It looks a bit run-down and I doubt I'd ever stay in the rooms (no food nearby, looks dumpy). However, if you want to unwind this is the place!

First of all - if you are shy and don't like to change in front of people, or flash other people of the other gender, wear your swimsuit under your clothes, or change in the shower or bathroom. the changing area is not very good, it's a small room with a curtain.

also do not bring valuables, there are no lockers, leave your stuff in your car and bring only what you need (towel, flip-flops, car keys)

BUT - it's a place with a great "vibe", a great place to relax and get really mellow, and watch the world go by. you might even see snow in may, or see some wild life.

2  Thank CO_Photographer
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I have never been so miss treated in my life. Upon arrival myself, fiance, and two friends (all around 30 years of age and very clean cut) were greeted by a man behind the counter looking at us up and down and promptly leaving the front desk. We waited for approx 5 min for him to come back and once he did he was nothing but disrespectful and rude. We were getting our money out to pay the man behind the counter when he told us that if we were loud and obnoxious he would kick us out immediately and not give us our money back. At first I thought he was joking because we are not loud individuals and had been waiting patiently and quietly while we were there. I then noticed that they had a punch card that can be purchased for a discount if you are a local. As have been a local to the area for most of my life I asked politely about the program. This was when I knew for sure that the previous statement was not a joke. The man took a long hard look at me and my friends and very purposefully looked me up and down (from the top of my head down to my feet) and chuckled. He then asked me my profession (I am a manger of a retail store and a very accomplished outdoor guide) and told me in a very disrespectful manner that they do not sell cards to my kind and if he had it his way he would not let "my kind" in ever. My mouth was hanging to the floor (as well as all of our groups mouths) He then snarled once more and walked away. In disbelief we left the cottonwood hotsprings with our towels in hand and a pit in our stomached. As we were leaving we saw the man outside of some of the pools laughing and carrying on with a group of older (40-50 approx ages) that were obviously very intoxicated. We were stared down by the man and the group as we did our walk of shame back to our cars. The worst part is that up in till that evening I carried the cottonwood hotsprings brochures in my store and told all of my clients to soak there. Never again. Go to Princeton if you would like to soak in the area. They are much nicer and have a much nicer facility.

7  Thank mightyknight
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've visited Cottonwood Hot Springs off and on for over 20 years, and I have to say that the current owners have done a really nice job in sprucing the place up without totally yuppifying it - if ya' know what I mean. There are several pools which are graduated in temperature from roughly 97 degress up to about 104, if you do the order right you can keep soaking all night without overheating. Pools are tastefully built from local creek rock with a smooth pool-type bottom.

Lodging in the hotel itself was so-so, the hand made aspen log bed was really nice but the bathroom was pretty old and decrepit. Altogether it was definitely passable, and an outdated bathroom was a small price to pay to get to stay onsite and soak.

There are also cabins available on the property, each cabin has it's own private pool. It's been 20 years since I stayed in one, but they were basic, functional and very romantic back then - I'm sure they're at least as nice now, they've probably been upgraded.

1  Thank chickenshackjack