“Horrible service!”

Cuisines: American
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Horrible service!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I ate here on 1/6/13 as my hotel recommended this place. My first clue this wouldn't be an ideal dining experience is when the waitress ignored me and took the order of a larger party sitting a couple of tables away. I waited and w as ited and finally cslled to her. When I jokingly stated I thought she forgot me, I was in for waitress revenge.
She not only turned the tv sound off as I was watching it. When I asked what happened to the sound, she stated she had no idea and walked off.
She was very careful to avoid me, but the other table received average service.
I would not eat here again.
I am almost tempted to leave and come back in five minutes to hear the tv sound back on. : )

1 Thank coloradoklm

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Processed food”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Tasted like frozen food and not real wings it was like chicken scraps really nasty don't recommend also it was not very busy and didn't Receive the attention we should of deserved. My wife ordered ribs chewy and tasted as off they were microwaved.

1 Thank mikeridlin
Leadville, CO
“Great restaurant and love the shop”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stopped here originally for the little antique store and decided to have breakfast while I was there. Im glad I did...The breakfast was awedome and very reasonably priced. I have been back several times for breakfast and lunch and of course shopping. The dinner menu looks great but i havent tried it. Everyone is very friendly and I just love this place.

• Visited September 2012
Michigan City, Indiana
“Great staff w/nothing special food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Convenient location so we could walk to dinner which was a real plus after a day of driving. We are probably food snobs, but if you want an exceptional food experience find another place to eat. The staff was very accomodating and gets an A+. The menu was varied; lots of so-so food to choose from. OK place for hungry adults or family. Predictable and average American fare. There was an elk burger on the menu (not the best elk meat that I have had) which was the most unusual item available. This is the kind of restaurant my mother would like with decent prices.

• Visited October 2012
colorado
“Mixed Bag”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Not many reviews to base our decision on, so we decided to go for it. Went with the family for a quick trip to Buena Vista.

Overall, it was a disappointment. Food wasn't terrible, just so so for the price/experience.

Service: There were two servers for the entire place. Probably about 20 tables, so not unmanageable, but not optimal. Did pretty well considering and were pleasant. One seemed more Sr. than the other, so she was good (but was quick, in a not so good way). I would give service 3.5/5

Food: The food was all over the place. The salads were clearly pre-made (chilled in the fridge), which is not terrible, but also not too welcoming. chicken and rice soup was below average, with chunks of chicken skin floating in it. I had a chicken fried stake that was clearly a frozen patty dropped in a deep fat fryer (not good at all). But the asparagus and the mashed potatoes were good. 2 of the kids had the ribs, which were pretty good, but were not smoked. Looked like they were broiled, with sauce on the side. they were pretty meaty. My daughter had a rib eye that was ok. kind of fatty, but I didn't expect much. Overall, would give this a 1.5/5. Some good, not so good.

• Visited October 2012