Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $91.98
from $141.26
from $104.03
More Info
All reviews the river rafting trip half day trip sleeping bags these guys great rafting overnight trip making sure his knowledge class rapids wet suits top notch molly canyon company guide blast
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2019

We had a great time the first round with Kirsten and requested her again when our children visited. No disappointments either time. Thank you Kirsten, Brenna, Kirsten's fiance, Cory (last day), and all the others! Amazing team! We hate to say our goodbyes. Hugs to all, Leslie and Al Qualman

Reviewed August 14, 2019

My son and I went whitewater rafting on a Class III with Evan. What an amazing experience. We have done several raft trips elsewhere, and this one did not disappoint. Evan was both professional and very informative. She told us all about the area, the mountains, the river and rock formations. She also helped us with our technique. We felt very safe and at ease with her. The rapids were just enough to make it both relaxing and fun. There was just enough white water to add that thrill factor. We will be back for more fun next summer!

Reviewed August 14, 2019

My husband surprised me with a half-day excursion with Browns Canyon. I was reluctant knowing that the Colorado rivers were overflowing and abundant with swift-moving water. It was my first time. Browns Canyons was the best introduction for me into Whitewater Rafting. They communicated well via email and answered all of my questions by phone. Each team member from reception, to suiting up in rental equipment provided professional, courteous and complete instructions. After we were suited up, a team member joined us on the bus to the point of entry for the rafting and explained Safety instructions - carefully and slowly. Our guide Brenna made us feel comfortable and safe, she repeated the safety instructions and guided us through the Arkansas River. Brenna explained the river before and as we went along and gave us a fair warning to be ready to paddle in certain sections. She warned us when we were going to get wet and we laughed about it.
I loved the experience as the river was slow upon entry which helped me gain comfortability and confidence, then we entered sections that we Class 3 rapids, then slow again. I was expecting a fully-bumping scary ride, but the navigation, constant paddling, and slow parts helped me get more comfortable with the river. After our adventure, we bought some Browns Canyon's tee shirts. Can't wait to go back. Definitely read Brown's instructions prior to your adventure (i.e bring or wear a fleece - I wore my hot chili's top from skiing - it was perfect, and bring a water bottle).

Recommendation: Be prepared - not scared Google Brown's Canyon on YouTube as research before you go.

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Once in a lifetime!! But we WILL go back! We were fortunate to be set up with Tom, who is incredibly knowledgeable, smart, professional, personable and continually made the experience exciting. We took this trip as a middle class, midwestern, athletic, suburban family of 4, 2 kids ages 10 (50 pounds) & 11(75 pounds). We chose the all day class 4 trip.

We chose this company based on reviews, and are thrilled we did.

We arrived (late) from Breck, (1.5 hour drive) and were quickly outfitted with the gear needed. We already owned river shoes, but needed a better fitting shoe for our youngest. They recommended the water shirts for the kids, and it was worth it.

We took a school bus, about 10 minutes with a full safety discussion. It was very robotic, with pre planned jokes and quality information.

We then were tasked to move the boat to the river. This was a “team building” task that was helpful to get to know our boat mates. Our 10 and 11 year old tried to help...but were just too short for this.

We pushed our blue boat into the river and hopped in. Tom gave some instruction and we were on our way.

The first 45 minutes were made up of class 1 and 2 rapids and were a solid intro.

Once in our groove, we moved to class 3 and 4 rapids, our kids having a BALL the entire time. They were great participants, and while we as parents were terrified they would be hurt or have an accident, Tom our guide was in full control. Even when we thought we were going under, Tom had us covered.

Lunch was prepared for us, complete with fruits, chips and wraps and crucial fresh water.

The second half was class 4 rapids, and was way more exciting than the first half.

What to wear: synthetic leggings, synthetic swim top. Swim wear. Nothing cotton organic. Get the swim shirt for the kids. No matter the temp outside.

What to bring: cash for tips, water bottle. (Leave in your car) and a new set of clothing for the ride home.

The bathrooms are clean, the shop has T-shirt’s to buy, and the staff is exceptional.

Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

We did the half day trip in Browns Canyon. What a great family adventure and will sure to be lifetime memories. Our guide, Zach, was fabulous. He was very informative about sites we were passing on our trip and had a feeling of safety with him. Would highly recommend this adventure for anyone. We had a 12 and 10 year old with us and they had the time of their lives.