“Keep looking for another place to stay....anywhere is better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buena Vista
Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Health Spa
A TripAdvisor Member
“Keep looking for another place to stay....anywhere is better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2005

First let me start by saying the room costs us $141.00 for one night(on a week night). You might think it would be an ok place to stay. That room rate in New Orleans would be a pretty classy place, or even a room on the Gulf front at a 4 star resort. You would also think, or so we did, that for that price the room would be clean. I for one thought you would have air conditioning, a phone, and a t.v. Well what a suprise!
We were traveling with some family that lives in Colorado, so we really felt "obligated" to stay the night (actually we had 2 nights reserved), since they had made the reservation in advance, and wanted to show us around the mountains. If we had been alone( my husband and I) we would not have even checked in. Camping outside would have probably been better, even with reports of a large bear roaming the area.
The office had used bathing suits for rent, and a bulletin board full of "activities" and ceremonies you could attend. I saw a notice of the times of year you did not have to wear clothes in the "hot tubs" and I knew we would not be getting in the water (no chlorine all natural).
Walking into our room was NO better, it seemed stale and musty, and I am not sure how often it was cleaned, it was dirty. The mattress sagged, it was way worn out, and I felt so depressed. I went to turn on the t.v. to see something that would take my mind away from the "resort" I knew we were stuck in. Well.......could not do that, since there was no T.V., I realized this as my husband said the old air unit hanging out the window did not work! It was hot,,,, so he inquired at the front desk ( in person since there was no phone in the room either) he was told they do not advertise they have air conditioning. I knew then we were not getting any turn down service that night! Ha Ha!
Oh, and there were bunnies hopping all around the parking lot, and some cats running down the hall that connected all of the rooms. And... how can I forget the man in the room next door to us sitting in a chair at his window naked with the room light on at night with his curtain open. I felt as if there was a hippie love fest going on around us ( good if you are into that I guess with dirty hippie people) . Thank goodness we had to leave the next day because of a hurricane in the Gulf (we live in the South).....we found out because of our cell phone (no t.v. remember).
Overall.........don't stay here.... keep looking for another place..anywhere is better, I am sure of it.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oklahoma City, OK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2005

We rented a room for $100 a night. Bad idea. The room was dirty. There was no air conditioning and temperatures were very high. The staff acted nervous, like they were afraid the manager was going to yell at them and also seemed to be worried that their customers were going to cheat them. Not only was the room dirty, the common areas were REALLY dirty. Management did not assign anyone to wipe tables, so when we arrived for breakfast, we found the tables splashed with milk, banana peels, and so forth. The bathrooms? Worse. Management seems so eager to make money that they admit anyone, including loud groups of drinkers who lounge in the pools, spoiling the quiet that we came for. In addition, there are signs IN ALL CAPITALS posted everywhere, ordering the guests to pitch in and help clean. Seems a bit much for $100 per night.

On the other hand, I had the best massage of my life there and it was a treat to do yoga next to the river each morning. I'll go back for the massage, but I won't stay at the lodge again.

• Stayed August 2003
3 Thank mtbenham

Travelers are raving about these Buena Vista hotels

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2005

When we got to Cottonwood Hot Springs, our room was not yet ready. The lodge itself is a cozy space; nice shared eating area; great couches and fireplace for relaxing; nice library of books... it certainly does not need the pool table nor the tv, though. Nice array of spa services. Unfortunately, at our time of arrival, a "clan" arrived (about a dozen family members) and they were loud and overly excited. When they got into the pools, there was quite a bit of yelling back and forth on temperatures, etc. Not at all conducive to relaxation or serenity - and management needs to have "quiet" signs or explanations to people upon arrival... there were young (2, 3, 4 yr. olds) who were better behaved and using only their "indoor" voices. Since we could see they only had day passes, we left the pools and went for a drive. When we returned, the "clan" was now in the lodge - still no "indoor" voices for them! - and our room was ready. We were given the very end unit, opened the door, musty smelling, not very clean, and could hear voices as if they were sitting in our room. They were next door, talking in regular voices, but that is how thin the walls were... We asked for our money back and left. It's a shame they cannot better insulate the walls for sound and an even bigger shame they allow the boisterous behavior of others... Of course, we probably hit the one bad day and may try it again, but NOT in a lodge room. Anyone have experience in one of the yurts???

• Stayed March 2005
3 Thank DenverTraveller
La Jolla, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2004

This place is single-handedly the most despicable, disgusting and filthy place I have ever had the displeasure of staying at. First off, the place looks like 1973 hippiedom, nothing against hippies, but it is so filthy, diry, the health dept. would have a field day with this one. I am so glad to be able to use this forum to air my displeasure far and wide. Our room was so minimal and decrepit, dirty, ugly 1970's era carpet, every time the door closed from an adjacent room, ours shook, so awful insulation must be the culprit. My friend had a hankering to use the spa, which you don't have to stay at the hotel, we should have gotten a day pass, but after seeing this place, it made me sick. We paid about $100 for the room which is a joke, considering the filthy and gross atmosphere. There are rabbits running around freely and the drive is all rocks, unpaved and the building the "hotel" rooms are in is jerry built and flimsy, looks like it will fall down at any moment. All the other negative reviews of some of the world class hotels on this site, should stay here for a night, they would WISH they were at the Motel Six which is super high-class and elegant compared to this place, I kid you not. DO NOT, I REPEAT WITH EMPHASIS, DO NOT STAY AT THIS DIRTY, FILTHY establishment, it is truly horried and doesn't deserve to even be classified as a flea bag motel, it's that bad!!!

13 Thank cjennt
Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort
Pinon Court Cabins
Pinon Court Cabins
#3 of 3 in Buena Vista

Been to Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Health Spa? Share your experiences!