“Laid back and fun”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buena Vista
Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Health Spa
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place isn't much of much but it is fairly inexpensive and comfortable place to while away a couple of hours and relax. I haven't ever actually stayed at the hotel just dropped in for a soak while I have been camping in the area.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Staff is LOUSY and RUDE!! We were just there this weekend...Drove all the way from Denver to check it out and the man at the counter was so very RUDE. We brought our two children along to enjoy and his comment to me was "I hope you know this is NOT a place for children to play and splash around!" This was not our first time at a hotsprings and we as parents are respectful of others when we attend. We know when our children are getting a bit tired and cranky and we leave for that reason. I was just shocked by the attitude this man had. Needless to say we decided to spend our good money elsewhere! I would agree with Analisa that the pools are nice...well they looked nice, but the staff and the building are in need of some MAJOR help! I WILL NEVER VISIT THIS PLACE AGAIN!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We just stayed one night and it was an average experience. If you Are going for the amenities, this is not the place for you, if you want to go and soak, enjoy the gorgeous view of the mountains and the stars then this is the place. The staff are really laid back and very respectful. If you stay the night you get half off of your spring entrance fee. The rooms are a bit run down but if your in the springs all day it doesn't really matter. Overall it's a nice experience that gives you the laid back mountain feel.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a king room. This was our second visit; the first was several years ago. The room was improved: new floor in the bathroom, nice comforter; however the sheets were 180-thread-count scratchy. The pools were immaculate. Employees were helpful. The tip envelope said that the housekeepers are volunteers - seemed odd. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rivergrl822
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have been a frequent visitor of Cottonwood Hotsprings over the past 10 yrs. In fact I purchased the punchcards when they were sold. Used to love the place for its laid back atmosphere, and the high quality of the water. Over the last 2 years, there has been a steady and noticeable decline in the cleanliness and quality of the place. Despite the recent increase in the prices, this is what's happening: Where there use to be nice wooden benches and chairs to sit on...there is now cheap lawn furniture scattered about. Night lights around the pools are burntout and not replaced. The showers that should be available for day users are often closed and blocked off for no reason. And worse of all, the pools are really grimy. The spring waters seem to be recycled night after night. I don't believe that they are draining and cleaning the pools with any sort of thoroughness like they once did. Of course how are people supposed to shower before using the pools when the showers are closed?? Also, the poolside bathrooms smelled strongly of urine during my most recent visit! Its such a huge disappointment every time I give it another chance. It's like experiencing the end of a great era. Not sure why the owners are letting the place go so much, but I am not subjecting myself anymore to how dirty I feel when I leave there now.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank kattybikegirl
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I went to the Hot Springs with a couple of friends while visiting in Buena Vista. The massage & pools were relaxing, but the overall look of the grounds leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Granted, this place doesn't claim to be a state of the art spa, but a little TLC around the property wouldn't hurt. It just looks neglected. We did not stay overnight on the property and based I what I saw I would not, especially after seeing the prices charged for the rooms.

If you're looking for a good massage (reasonably priced) and nice warm soak, then go and enjoy that but don't have too high of expectations for atmosphere - it's just not there. As for lodging, skip it and find a nice B & B in Buena Vista, you'll pay the same or less and have much nicer accomodations.

Room Tip: Skip the lodging and stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ttoopel
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I literally just got back from Cottonwood hot springs near Buena Vista, Colorado and it was one of the best trips of my life.
I guess it depends on what you want from a vacation...if you want prima donna treatment, go to a hotel I guess. But I found the service to be fine, and the people who worked there friendly even when they were not serving me. No, they do not suck up to you, but this is not a fancy 5-star holiday. It's a break from the world of cell phones, wireless and media.
The location is stunning, 8000 ft in the mountains and the most unbelievable starry night sky you'll ever see. The pools themselves were designed to look natural, like part of the landscape instead of just fiberglass pools. 5 pools of varying temperature, from cool to burning hot, surrounded by foliage, done in stonework with perches built in for sitting or lounging. Many, many happy hours spent staring out at the mountains, soaking in lithium-rich mineral water, steam rolling off the surface into the cold air. BTW my skin is beyond soft from the waters, even the calluses on my heels are gone.
We got a cabin, 4 of us paying under $200 for 3 nights. The place was great - rustic in just the way you want it to be. There was a full kitchen with full-size appliances, kitchenware, big beautiful bedrooms, working fireplace w/ logs & kindling provided, BBQ w/charcoal provided, and a back patio with our own hot spring tub, perfect for skinny dipping. We also got massages, not cheap but comparable price and fantastic results...
This is a great vacation for people who want to enjoy nature in the most self-indulgent manner possible. The perfect balance between camping and a spa.

Room Tip: Get a cabin!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista
Super 8 Buena Vista
Super 8 Buena Vista
#2 of 3 in Buena Vista

Been to Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn & Health Spa? Share your experiences!