“Nothing was even close to good!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Works Inc.

Pizza Works Inc.
Ranked #22 of 40 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New York style pizza in the heart of the Rockies! Handmade dough and home made sauce with fresh toppings cut in prepared in house. We also have a variety of appetizers, desert, and salad. We offer dine-in, carryout, and delivery.
Minnesota
“Nothing was even close to good!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stopped by after a rafting trip with Kodi Rafting. We ordered our pizza's and took a seat. My wife also ordered a beer. After 15 minutes waiting for beer I asked the snotty younf lady behind the counter how much longer to wait for the beer, she replied "Ill get it when I have time". After another 10 minute wait she finally brought it out. That wait was short compared to the 1 hour and 15 minutes for the pizza's to come out. And trust me, it was NOT worth the wait. I have never had a crust so hard in my life. it wasnt crispy, it was HARD as a rock. The vegtables on the pizza were dry , the meat was obviously pre-packaged. As far as cheese or sauce, it is hard to tell since there wasnt enough to taste or even see. The employees were rude or just not caring. Youd guess the owner, being from Wisconsin, would know what cheese is and put plenty on his pizza's but I guess not. Maybe Im spoiled in the pizza department since I grew up within a few miles of the best pizza places, Jakes Stadium Pizza in Mankato , MN (according to Sports Illustrated in their training camp issue voted it the best) and Paglias. If you have never eaten at either of these places you are missing out. As far as Pizza Works.....their pizza doesnt work nor do the employees!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank travelinfool5150

usa
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Food quality: mediocre. Crust fresh but still not that great. Meat was definitely processed prepackaged and without much taste

Service was funny. Kind of rude but they were crankin busy. Seemed really stressed. Not friendly.

Only 2 beers on tap

Only eat here if nothing else is open.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank dbdurango
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had lunch here prior to rafting and found a great pizza place in the mountains. The crust was New York Style with some crunch and great taste. Quick and friendly service made for a nice lunch!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dale F
Columbus, Indiana
“Best crust I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to Buena Vista for a whitewater rafting trip and thought we'd stop for "fast food" along the way. We were very surprised to find that the town doesn't have a McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, or any other well-known burger chain ... so we asked the staff at KODI Whitewater Rafting for advice on a quick place to grab some lunch and they recommended Pizza Works. Well ... it was not only quick, it was delicious! They sell pizza by the slice, and you can choose from many topping combinations. They re-heat your slices for you, box it up, and you're out the door in about five minutes. When we bit into our pizza, we were pleasantly surprised -- it was GREAT -- definitely "up there" with some of the best pizza I've ever had. And the crust -- it WAS without a doubt the BEST crust I've ever had -- it was thin and crispy, but not at all "cardboard-ish" like some thin crusts get when reheated. I would highly recommend Pizza Works for a quick and delicious meal!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ECSLLC
Columbia, Missouri
“A real surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I didn't expect much frankly from a little place on the main drag, I went in and the aroma immediately got my attention. The place was pleasantly busy and decently decorated, not fancy but a pleasant place to eat. When the pizza came it was at least one of the top 5 pizza's I've had in nearly 60 years of pizza eating. The hand tossed crust had a great crispness and the toppings were excellent and generously applied. It's well worth a visit if you are in Buena Vista and a great value for the money!

• Visited May 2013