All reviews gift shop breakfast room no elevator nice hotel hot breakfast clean rooms great place to stay in town pool and hot tub breakfast was excellent would stay here again waffles coffee bar next morning stayed two nights bed was comfortable princeton hot springs
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our trip had to be offset due to the fires in Colorado Springs. We made our reservations from the train, and the only rating I could find was from AAA. Their rating was far too low. The hotel was comfortable, accommodating and the views amazing. We were only staying one night, and were not prepared for the area. They were. With restaurant recommendations and directions. The security was very good, but not cumbersome to guests. Breakfast was more than anticipated. I would go out of my way to stay in Buena Vista again.

Room tip: Ask for a front room to have a view of the mountains
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank NhTraveler1776
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Best Western Plus is defintly a plus in Bueny. The rooms are pleasent, comfortable and clean. Easy access to the hallways to inside doors to the rooms through keyed outside exits amke a safe stay. Staff is polite and knowlegeable. The is a new addition to the lobby, an added gift and coffe shop, prices are resonible and fair. Breakfast could have been better, but is normal in todays relm of free breakfasts.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were planning several days in Colorado Springs, CO when we got caught in the fires and had to divert to another route in CO. We ended up in Buena Vista to escape the smoke and stayed only one night at this Best Western property. It is quite ordinary, but adequate. One good thing about it is an indoor pool and jacuzzi if you have a family with children. As for me, you couldn't pay me to get in a chlorinated public pool. Another positive for Best Western in general is their new commitment to cleanliness using ultra-violet lights to help disinfect the rooms. I really like that. Our room appeared to be quite clean and there were cotton linens on the bed instead of those old garish slippery polyester bedspreads. The air conditioning unit was so loud that I had to turn it off and open the window so I could sleep. Fortunately, the temperature cools down at night in Buena Vista and it was great to breath fresh air. FORGET the breakfast at this place, it is worse than awful. Eat at a local restaurant called "Jan's" where they offer excellent homemade food. It appears this is where the locals eat and was very busy. If you are traveling in this part of Colorado, you are better off staying in Salida, Co (on the river), it is a much cooler town with more to do and better restaurants.

Room tip: The mountains are on the front side of hotel if you want a view.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Not pet friendly which most Best Westerns are. I do have to give this a higher than normal rating from me even without my dog. It was very clean, staff was super friendly and helpful.
Very nice breakfast in the morning. Coffee was a bit slow for us early risers.
If you don't have a dog, you will enjoy it. Great views

Would I stay again, yes if forced to only because of the pet policy.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It's all about expectations, so perhaps my expectations were fairly low for a Best Western. We were pleasantly surprised by this place, as it only has one other chain competition in town. As others have said, the service is excellent - the 2 people we dealt with at the front desk were extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and had some nice amenities such as a minifridge, microwave, and flat screen. The breakfast had lots of choices, including some hot ones. A unique nice touch were the little donut holes - they even had little bags for you to put them in. Although the price was not necessarily cheap, it was competitive with the other chain motel in town and, having stayed previously at that other chain in town, is a much better value than the other chain.

Date of stay: July 2012