“Awesome Margarite ! ��”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stopped in here to sample the flaming margarita and boy we were not disappointed ! Delumpshious !

Reviewed March 2, 2014

There were only three restaurants open. Jans, El Paraiso and Pizza Works. Pizza works wouldn't make a thin crust pizza so they were out. I wanted something quick to take back to the hotel. It was average, but the salsa was delish!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I haven't been to too many Mexican restaurants I'd rate as "excellent"...as I'm a big fan of Mexican cuisine and, therefore, somewhat picky. But many rate as "very good" and El Paraiso is one of those. Not outstanding...but very good...probably the best Mexican in Buena Vista. The food is really good and the service is extremely friendly and attentive.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our first visit to El Paraiso was a success. It lives up to it's claim to have "Authentic Mexican Food". The building is nothing special but clean and a fireplace in the entry is welcoming. We were greeted and seated immediately by "Alex" who also took our order. We enjoyed their happy hour with a $5 Flaming Margarita served in a beautiful tall glass. It was very good and a great value.
The salsa is excellent. I ordered the taco dinner and it came with rice beans, lettuce shreds and 2 smallish tacos (1 chicken, 1 shredded beef), which seemed handmade. Very good and surprisingly filling. My husband had 2 tacos al a carte and was very pleased with it. He had 1 fish and 1 shredded beef. It came with a generous dollop of sour cream and slice of avocado. We plan to return.
Good value and friendly, helpful service.

1  Thank CEThigpen80132
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stopped in for appetizers and drinks with friends. The staff was extremely friendly, the atmosphere was welcoming and the seating was comfortable.

The margaritas were delicious and they have a great happy hour specials. The salsa has to be the best I've had in a VERY long time!!!!

I will definitely come back when I am in town.