Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Performance Tours Whitewater Rafting tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Performance Tours Whitewater Rafting
from $74.80
from $84.70
from $143.00
from $114.40
1,024 results
All reviews arkansas river blue river brown's canyon day trip great trip white water rafting safety record full day tour great job making sure exciting trip great guide top notch a lot of fun class iii whole family highly recommend this company
Reviewed 4 days ago

The staff at this location were great, our guide Jake was super fun, I highly recommend him! A couple of us were quite nervous to go, it being our first time and he made us feel very relaxed, you can tell he is very experienced/knowledgeable. We had a great time.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Flynn was our guide, she was great at telling us what to do, when and how to do it. We had to high-side the raft once which was an awesome experience! The gear was clean and the 2 hour raft trip will be something we will always remember! See you in the spring!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

As part of s reunion of university classmates and our children we booked a half-day Brown’s Canyon tour with Performance. Communication with Performance was efficient. Buena Vista was a relatively easy and scenic drive from our base in Breckenridge. Parking was not an issue. When we got there we gave them our waiver forms and proceeded to get our life vests (personal flotation device or PFD) paddles and waterproof jackets. We left our car keys at the office and our towels and change of clothes in our cars.

It was a 20-minute ride to the Arkansas River. The tour leader was Drew and he gave us a brief intro at the start of the ride. He expounded on this at the river side with a thorough safety lecture. Bottom line was we had to listen to our respective guides, keep a tight hold on the “T” at the end of the paddle to keep control and we were not to fall into the water.

Drew led a crew consisting of Billy, Fiona, and Chris, each with a different approach to instruction and a unique leadership style. Regardless of the guide each boat navigated the rapids - forwards, sideways and backwards - without anyone tipping over and had a blast doing so. Most of us got hung on a submerged rock; it had een a relatively snow-bereft winter and the river waters were running low by August. We stopped at a massive boulder where a few brave adults and most of the teen kids took a leap into the refreshing cool water. Some of the kids were so eager to take the leap they jumped out of our inflatable rafts - with the approval of the guide, of course - and swam to the boulder.

All-in-all a most-excellent adventure, highly-recommended.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

I was very impressed with the attention to safety by this Company. No one even fell out of the six rafts! I was terrified before I left, but the guides educated the rafters which made all of us feel calm about our adventure. Our guide was very knowledgeable about rafting, as well as the local history of the Canyon. I would definitely do this again!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Our family of four - mom, dad, and sons age 14 and 20 did the Brown's Canyon trip in July and really enjoyed it. They focused a lot on safety and gave really clear instructions on how to handle various situations on the water. Our guide, Shawn, was fantastic. He got us trained on how to raft in a short period of time and gave really clear guidance throughout the tour - plus he had a great sense of humor! We had a really great time and I would definitely book with PT again in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

We enjoyed an excellent experience with this company. Our guide, a guy from Scotland named Joe, was knowledgeable, personable, and confidence inspiring. He shared a lot of information about the area we were visiting, making the rafting trip even more interesting. Everyone involved in this event was friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this trip for anyone, young or old.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Today we took a trip of a lifetime for our sons birthday. The staff at Performance rafting are top notch. Billy was our guide today and he made it special not only for our son but the whole family. Lunch on the beach was spectacular. As for me and my family, we certainly will be back.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

I have been to a few of the rafting companies in Buena Vista and I can honestly say Performance Tours is the best. I put overall experience above any other aspect when judging any place. Performance tours is a place where I can happily give a great review because I feel so comfortable with all the guides and workers there. They make sure that your experience with them that day (or half of a day) is worth it. I also cannot say enough about Drew. He is the best guide I have ever had because he truly knows what he's doing so I completely feel safe being on his raft. Drew along with Performance Tours is the best place to go to in Buena Vista and I will be back for more trips in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Such a great time!! Tommy was our guide, his knowledge of the area and experience on the river made it a fun and interesting trip. The staff at PT was so friendly and helpful, AND they offer a discount for you to book a second trip or hit the hot springs afterwards. We will definitely go with them again. Thanks, Tommy and PT for a trip my Aunt and Uncle will never forget!!

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Excellent experience of a half day on the Arkansas River. It was hard work but our guide Spencer was terrific and we all had a splash.

We‘d do it again