“An amazing family experience”

The Adventure Company
Book In Advance
More Info
$59.13*
and up
Milk Run Family Rafting Trip
Ranked #4 of 20 Tours in Buena Vista
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in Breckenridge - Colorado, in 1987, we offer 1/2 to 5 day rafting trips from five locations, lodging, and other activities. Whether it's beginner, intermediate, advanced, or expert whitewater that floats your boat, we have the perfect trip for you! With emphasis on safety and quality, our trips are packed with premium features. We are Colorado's ONLY outfitter that hires guides, at least in their fourth year of professional guiding, ensuring your safety and enjoyment. As family-owned Breckenridge Company we offer daily pick-ups in Breckenridge, Frisco and Keystone. Let our experienced guides spoil you and make lifelong memories! Call our friendly adventure coordinators today!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

For the last four summers, we have rafted with the Adventure Company and have had an amazing experience each year. They do a fabulous job, with superb equipment, excellent, experienced guides (this is a key point), who are also fun and personable, and an emphasis on both fun and safety. Everyone is very friendly and they do a great job of making you feel comfortable and "in good hands". Highly, highly recommend TAC.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"numbers trip"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was the 2nd time my husband and I have rafted the Arkansas River with The Adventure Company, but the 1st with our 3 children (ages 13, 10 & 9). Absolutely wonderful! We choose a 2 day with 1 overnight trip. Both my husband and I were impressed with the safety, experience, and knowledge that our guide(James) brought to this trip. He definitely made it fun for our children. The food along the whole trip (2 lunches, 1 supper, & 1 breakfast) was delicious. We couldn't believe we were eating so well along the riverside! We had our own camping equipment; tent, sleeping bags, etc., however The Adventure Company does have everything that you would need available to rent. The office staff is extremely helpful and friendly. In fact, every person from The Adventure Company that we encountered was helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this trip with The Adventure Company if you are looking for an outdoor adventure for your family.

1  Thank Carrie2031
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Fantastic scenery and white water. Heidi was our guide and was very knowledgeable and entertaining.

The fajita lunch cooked fresh riverside was great and plentiful.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I believe the key word is "safety". I love adventure; however I also put a high value on safety. I was impressed from talking with the owner of The Adventure Company that his company only hire guides with at least four years on river experience. Our guide (Jeff) actually had over twenty years experience. In my opinion this is critical, especially in our case since we opted for a trip on “advanced” class 4 waters called “The numbers”. My wife by nature is a nervous type when trying something new. Five minutes into the rafting trip she was smiling and laughing. It was also reassuring to have a guide like Jeff with such a keen knowledge of almost every rock and crevice on the river.

We are already planning a trip next year to build up enough experience to eventually tackle the “expert” class 5 waters. However rest assured The Adventure Company offers trips for a wide variety of experiences. They have trips available for those two years and up in age and from two hours in duration up to seven days.

If you like FUN and also value safety then in my opinion The Adventure Company is "THE CHOICE".

Thanks to Jeff, Langdon, Mark, Melanie and Marji. My wife and I had a blast!!! We are looking forward to seeing you next year.