“One of Better Options in Town”
Review of Los Girasoles

Los Girasoles
Ranked #17 of 41 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Mexican
Redlands, California
“One of Better Options in Town”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

When you get to some of the small Colorado towns the food choices can be limited and my rating is based on a comparison of other choices available, not comparable to what it would be if I was comparing it to places in Denver, or even Frisco (Carlos Miguel's Mexican Bar & Grill in Frisco is out of the world by comparison, but I'm not comparing it to Frisco).

On a Friday evening it was the most crowded place in town and we went somewhere else. On a Saturday afternoon we went for a late lunch after we had been hiking up in the mountains. I appreciated the fact that they had nice vegetable options, something often not found in small towns. I got vegetable fajitas, something I don't recall ever seeing before, and it was nice to have a more healthy lunch. My son got a basic burrito and my wife a tostada. The food was average Mexican food, but very good compared to other options in town.

The waiter was helpful, stocked us up on extra salsa and chips as we devoured them, and got us our meals in a timely fashion. The salsa was average, but the chips were nice and salty and the combination was great, particularly after hours of hiking.

If it was in a larger town I would give it a 3, but I give it a 4 because it is better than other options we've tried in Buena Vista.

Visited August 2013

Barra del Colorado Wildlife Refuge, Costa Rica
“Love it!!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This a great restaurant with delicious food and reasonable prices. I always go out of my way to eat here.
I would have given it 5 stars but there is one really grumpy waiter there who I just hope will not be our server when we are there, otherwise it would be excellent.
If you like it spice try the Chipotle Shrimp!!!

• Visited August 2013
Eastchester, New York
“Decent Mexican food, but not great.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Title says it all. I have been twice, and the food is decent - but nothing to write home about. Service was very fast. I think it is probably your best best for Mexican in Buena Vista.

Visited June 2013
Argyle, Texas
“Good food. Clean bathrooms.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Although in an old fast food building, the place was clean. Service was very fast!! The food was good, but the salsa was great! Fresh, but it could have been hotter. Lunch specials around $7.

• Visited July 2013
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Awful all around”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was in Buena Vista today and decided to try Los Girasoles. I don't know if there are 2 of them because this was over near City Market. The only good thing there was the salsa. I ordered Chili con Queso dip and it was melted shredded cheddar cheese with peppers in it and it was full of grease. My Chili Relleno was stuffed with egg and cheese and wrapped in a flour tortilla; which I found strange because every other one I've ever had is battered and fried. It had no flavor; neither did my roommates tacos or the rice. The service was horrible. I had to wait 10 mins to get my water refilled and when I told the waiter I did not like my dish he decided to argue with me and tell me it was good. He never offered to get me something else or to take it off the bill. So, I paid for something I never even ate. I have been in the service industry for over 10 years and was completely disgusted by the food and my server's attitude. I will never go back there that's for sure!

• Visited May 2013