“Good food and a fun place”

Eddyline Restaurant at South Main
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
God Bless the U.S.A
“Good food and a fun place”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stumbled upon the Eddyline while checking out the interesting South Main area of Buena Vista and decided to stay for dinner. The place was vibrant, the wait staff was helpful and the food was good. I had the Anazasi Bean Salad, my friend had the lasagna and we shared a beer sampler. My salad was great – fresh and with a great mix of flavors. My friend’s lasagna was good, too. We will go again when we are back in Buena Vista and would recommend it to anyone traveling there.

St Louis
“Some good...some bad”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Stopped by on our way through town after checking out reviews here on Trip Advisor. Found in a newer "subdivision" in town, easy to find parking etc.

Husband ordered a hamburger, I ordered the cheddar penne with a side salad. Burger was good, potato wedges that came with it were good, but several were burned. Salad was excellent (went with the house balsamic dressing), pasta was lacking flavor and blah. Had debated between the pasta and a pizza...should have gone the pizza route I think.

Service was pretty good, although it did seem to be a bit slow getting our food out. Open layout, which made it very noisy when crowded with people. Prices seemed to be pretty good considering the portions for the burgers/pizzas, high for the pastas.

Colorado
“Good new food option in BV”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

BV is a great place but the dining has always been hit or miss so this is nice addition. I am not a big fan of the new South Main development because it really does not fit with the character of BV, but the Eddyline is funky and ties in with the local culture. The food is great and seems priced accordingly. We didn't hve to wait very long for a table even on a Friday night, and we had fun playing on the rock wall just across the street while we waited. We sat outside and it was good people and mountain watching, although I will say they need to WD-40 that back gate, it squeals so loud that by the end of the meal it was giving me a headache. I had the steak fajitas which were awesome, and my boyfriend had a cheese pasta dish. Both were great. I really liked the use of local foods and grass fed, local beef. Overall it's a good choice for diverse, healthy, tasty food and it's pretty high up on our list now.

golden, CO
“used to be great when they 1st opened but...”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Have been there with friends and family about 10 times since they opened!
1) found a large piece of plastic in my salad; told wait staff and manager and they just said they were sorry. They didn't even offer a new salad or to comp my meal!(Fall 2009)
2) lately food has been inconsistent; loved it the 1st 5-6 times)
3) last time I went with a group of 4 (had been raving to the 2 guests about the place). Waited 15 mins to order, 15 for drinks, food finally came and was and some of the order was wrong. Waitress was sort of apologetic and confused.It was not super crowded. One of the managers was walking all around visiting with his buds but never seemed to check on us or some of the others. We didn't want to make a scene with our guests so we sucked it up. Spent $80. They had "run out of the beans" that went w/ one of the meals so the waitress offered to sub fries- got billed $2 extra for them.

I feel this place has become very lax when it comes to quality and they are resting on their popularity to get them by. We will NOT be back and we live part time in BV.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Brews and Views”
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We found the Eddyline Restaurant and Brewery through an app on our iphone and upon the recommendation of the fine folks at the Adventure Company Rafting Tours. After braving the rapids of the Arkansas we were looking for a great meal to celebrate. Eddyline did not disappoint. We sat outside on the patio with views of the mountains and rolling hillsides on either side.

Vicky, the waitress, was super friendly and eager to meet any of our needs. We ordered a sampler of beer and their brews were probably some of the best we encountered on our "Beercation" in Colorado. The waitress was even kind enough to get the manager to come to our table to we could talk all things beer. Even though it was lunch time and it was getting busy he didn't make us feel like we were inconveniencing him at all.

I had the Cesar wrap with beef and my boyfriend ordered chicken with veggies and rice - both of which were great. The menu explains their use of local produce and meats which is fantastic. We wanted a taste of Colorado and I think Eddyline hit the nail on the head with their brews, fresh food and decor. After eating you can walk over to the park or sit by the river and watch the rafters go by.

The only drawback is it can be a little hard to find. We got turned around a couple times trying to find the place due to some construction but it was absolutely worth the extra effort.