“It'll get even better”

Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We almost didn't stop because we'd had mediocre experiences with other Buena Vista restaurants. The town was thick with people - long lines everywhere. Something attracted us to the great old brick building that is Eddyline, and are we ever glad. Although Eddyline was as crazy busy as every other place, the gals behind the bar were attentive to all the customers even as they pulled drafts, took order, and answered endless questions about the beer made on-site. They told us all about the expansion of the brewing facility that was going on and they apologized that the changes were impacting the whole place's efficiency. How they managed to keep their good cheer in the midst of the chaos I have no idea.

Our pizzas took a fair amount of time to arrive. We were not surprised because this is typical of places that make their pizzas by hand to order. I don't recall now which pizza my partner had - it included green chiles and he liked it a lot. My margherita with pepperoni was excellent, only a small notch below the finest margherita I've ever eaten. We thought we'd have leftovers, as we'd order one pizza (about 11") each, but we ate them down to the flowers on the plate and could've managed a bit more.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went here because the guides on our trip recommended it for pizza. Apparently it's a favorite of the locals. My sons loved the pizza (and they eat pizza a lot and are very picky). It is wood-fired pizza with a thin crust. The down side is the place has very limited seating. The server was very attentive but it took quite a while to get our pizzas. We went at lunch because we were warned it would be a long wait if we went Sat evening.

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Take interminably slow service (1+ hour wait for food), add poorly trained servers with just a dash of pedant attitude, stir in a helping of overpriced mediocre food and you have an exciting trip to Eddyline! I keep hoping this place will improve. If anything it got worse. The only way I'd go back is if it would be rude to refuse an invitation.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

This place gets lots of great reviews and I'm not sure why. We had to wait for an outside table and did so in the bar area. The server was obviously upset we were not styling with her inside.
When we went outside the server was nice and gave great service.

The food however left a lot to be desired. I ordered the elk, wild boar, buffalo burger and asked for it medium rare after asking the server what the best way to have it. It came out raw. Fries were cold too.
My gf pizza was very bland when you expect a wood fired pizza to be a bit more gourmet and less Red Baron it was the latter.
I should have believed my friends who frequent BV, and not the reviews we read, and stayed away.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

tasty and interesting sausages appetizer, great artichoke dip, salmon was good, limited wine selection but had what I needed, fun location in neat new neighborhood, would go back.