“Slurp, Yum and...."Look, that's cool".” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eddyline Restaurant & Brewery

Eddyline Restaurant & Brewery
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Slurp, Yum and...."Look, that's cool".”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The restaurant is in the cutest little reproduction of a Victorian neighborhood. Very quaint and directly across the street from a little park next to the river. Craft beer: A sampler is offered of four regularly made craft beers and two seasonal. It's the equivalent of two pints at a better price than just ordering two pints. Definitely a fun way to spark conversation and share good beer. The menu is large and diverse including many vegetarian/vegan choices. You can get anything from burgers to grilled salmon & quinoa salad. There is outdoor seating but I really enjoyed dining inside where the atmosphere is classy but casual at the same time. The art was so fun. It kept right in line with the theme of the river sports inspired name of Eddyline. There were pained kayaks and many acrylics of mountain sports by local artists. The price might be a bit higher than what you expect of a brewery but the food, atmosphere and service were also a bit higher than what you'd expect from a brewery. I would certainly go back to Eddyline Restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Good for the beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The selection of home brewed beers is quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, there is a lot of improvement to be done in the pizza department.

Visited September 2012
Paonia, Colorado
“Were we at the same restaurant?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

After reading most of these reviews, I wonder if we were at the same restaurant. We were there over the labor day weekend. The place was packed. We waited quite a while for a table outside, at out request, so okay. When we did get our table, we waited a bit for service. When we asked about the beers, the waitress rattled off the names and that was it, no explanation of what they were, no offer of a beer menu, although I think they had one. We frequent breweries often, all over the state, and this beer was awful. We tried 4 different beers and didn't care for any. We had the artichoke dip, which was good. then we ordered a mushroom pizza to share. The menu said numerous kinds of mushrooms, there were 2 kinds, and very sparse at that. We understood that the place was lammed, but the waitress acted like we were intruding. We ordered a second beer when the pizza came, and the beer didn't come until AFTER we were done with our pizza, when I mentioned it to the waitress, she said that was when the bar served up the beer. It is a BREWERY. My husband has worked in the restaurant industry for years, and always tips way over the norm if the service is good. He tipped 10%.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pine, Colorado
“I love this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

The menu is very creative. I had a pizza and a quinoa dish, and a salad. (I was pretty hungry!) My pizza was gluten free and my husbands was filled with gluten. My food was very good, and my husband reported the same for his. Neither one of us had the beer, but they have their micro-beer available. The outside seating was very charming, service was good. Gluten-free menu.

Visited September 2012
UK
“So good had to go back again a second time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our party included 1 teenager and 4 in their 50's. We were impressed by the brewed in house root beer as well as the brewed in house ales and other beers. We were staying up at Mt Princeton Hot Springs, so we made the 26 mile round trip to Eddyline both of the two nights we were in the area. (To be fair, we did look at the Mt Princeton restaurant for the second night but their prices were sky high and we knew we would get great value and great food back at Eddyline).
Friendly servers were not too much in your face as US waiters can be (we are from the UK) but attentive and informed.
Wonderful pizzas from a hot pecan wood fired oven with a great range of choice, two kinds of beef (grass and corn fed) and I think there was some buffalo burgers around as well. Great salads and terrific desserts (key lime cheesecake). Immense portions. My only quibble was that they seemed to run out of some of their key attraction drinks - one night they were out of a great-sounding Ale, although they had it the next night. The next night they were out of root beer! And I don't think they offered a "commercial" alternative, which either the waiter should have known about or the management should have as a backup (the UK doesn't do root beer very well so we tend to fill up when we come to the US).
Really worth trying out!