“Probably the best restaurant in town”

Eddyline Restaurant at South Main
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 9, 2011

It was a rainy weekday night and we went here after trying a few other places in town and not being too impressed (except for the Pizza Works). The place was bustling and we were seated right away by one of the owners. The food we ordered was a pasta/salad combo. The penne pasta had basil pesto, red peppers, mushroom in a cream sause. I had a spinach salad which had feta cheese and almonds with a chili pepper vinagarette my husband ordered the house salad. Both were fantastic. The kids meals offered a pizza which I tried because it was too big for my son to finish. I could have just eaten that myself - It was very good. My spouse drank one of their micro-brews the Crank Yanker IPA he said it was good and ordered another. They have TAZO Black ice tea - yay. For dessert we ordered chocolate mousse and that pretty much made my week! I will definately go back there every time i'm in town if I can. BTW clientele is a mix of hikers and locals and families - all would feel welcome here.

1  Thank greenhorn33

Reviewed August 26, 2011

great tasting beer and fine food, with friendly service.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We have gone to this restaurant several times and find that the servers are nice and help to fix and order if it isn't right. They do need to find more of a balance though between coming too often and not coming enough. It seems like the outdoor servers tend to be less in your face than the ones buy the kitchen. The main issue with the Eddyline is that their service is incredibly slow despite the food being pretty good. Over the course of our visits there in the last year and a half, it usually takes about 40 minutes to get our food after we place our order. If you want to try out the beer rather than get a meal, go after 8 and go sit in the bar because its $2 for a pint and it will save you a couple bucks. It seems like a pretty clean restaurant and they are active in the local community, but it would be nice to get food in a prompt manner rather than waiting 40 minutes.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We had a reasonably good experience here. I had the Ruben which was overflowing with goodies on some yummy homemade bread. Dad's pasta dish was fine, too, although the sundried tomatoes were very hard and should have been rehydrated longer. We then had the 4-dish dessert sampler which was pretty good - not the best we've ever had but a neat idea. The chocolate lava cake was dry and they were already out of the Key Lime pudding by mid-day. This is in a new part of town being developed and should do okay. I am giving this a 4 out of 5 because it doesn't quite live up to the hype - but is a decent place to eat. Attentive staff.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

my husband and I recently stayed in BV; hubbie wanted to visit Eddyline, having been there a year before, but was apologetic that he didn't think they had gluten free options for me. Pleasantly surprised to find gf pizza offered! It was delicious. We loved sitting on the patio, enjoying the cool after the 100+ degree heat we left in Texas. The waitress was a little spacey, though very friendly. My salad didn't come out until the pizza, and when we asked for water (her back was turned, hurrying away from another table) she waved her hand, said "got it" then came back to pour water for the table next to us. All forgivable, if not comical!