“Horrible food.”
Review of The Asian Palate

The Asian Palate
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our Thai & Sushi restaurant is located in downtown Buena Vista, CO, surrounded by the beautiful Collegiate Peaks and the active Arkansas River.
Eastchester, New York
“Horrible food.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

For reference: I used to live in Thailand, so I know what good Thai food is. I did not expect The Asian Palate to be at that level, but I figured they would at least be decent. To be on the safe side, I ordered Pad Thai - thinking that this was a dish that is pretty hard to mess up. It was the worst Thai food I have ever eaten (even if just compared to Thai food in the US). I sent it back with specific requests for changes, and it returned just as terrible. In addition, my girlfriend ordered a Panang curry that had barely any actual curry.

I know this is Buena Vista and not New York, but still... The Asian Palate did not even meet my minimum expectations. What a disappointment. My only positive note is to state that the waitress did her best to take care of us and treat us well.

1 Thank CPXJ

Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Huge Portions”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ate here for our last meal in Buena Vista and I wish would would have eaten there first b/c we definitely would have gone back. The portion sizes are huge, the sushi is fresh and delicious and the service was great! I would say this is the best place to eat in Buena Vista.

Visited July 2013
North Dakota
“Good, Quality Food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The service was a little slow but friendly. The menu was eclectic, understandable and well chosen. The food itself was attractive and tasty. My husband ordered chicken pad thai, which I found to be made out of egg noodles instead of the traditional rice noodles - still delicious but a little skimpy on the protein and vegetables, in my opinion. I ordered two kinds of sushi rolls and a salad, all were fresh, hearty and well prepared. It's worth it to make reservations before coming here as they were turning people away when we got there, and it was only 6 pm, but we had made reservations.

Sun City, Arizona
“Fine Asian in wilds of Colorado”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We often vacation in this area and although I love staaks I reallly enjoy different cuisines.We actually found The Asian Palate on Trip Advisor.
It was great. We started with seaweed salad and squid salad. Equal to any we've ever had.
My wife had a yellow curry that while not hot was complexly seasoned and fine.
I had a spicy tuna roll that was also very fine.
The rpices were a great value.
We will return...soon.

Sydney, Australia
“Great atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a tremendous restaurant in a town with limited choices. The food is excellent and the service is friendly and efficient. The prices are very reasonable and they are gluten-friendly.
Easily the best place to eat in Buena Vista and great Asian fare.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BobSt23

Been to The Asian Palate? Share your experiences!