“Delicious!”

The Asian Palate
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our Thai & Sushi restaurant is located in downtown Buena Vista, CO, surrounded by the beautiful Collegiate Peaks and the active Arkansas River.
Spicewood, Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our B&B host booked us a reservation and upon arriving we were given the best table in the place! Food was delicious and ambiance was nice. Soft live music was provided.

• Visited July 2013

“Relaxing, and very enjoyable.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We were here at 5:00 right when it opened. It filled up very quickly. Within 20-30 min it was filled. The live music was excellent, and entertaining. The food came out in a nice amount of time and it was beautiful. Not to mention delicious!
If I come back to this town I know where I am going for dinner

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“mixed review - mostly poor”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

there were 4 people in our party.

2 ordered the Pad Thai - it was not good at all. It was basically just noodles, garlic & shrimp. No other seasoning - way too much garlic. When I mentioned this to the waitress she basically said that was too bad. (garlic was not even mentioned on the menu)

One person ordered a spicy noodle dish. It was so spicy he could not eat it. I know he enjoys hot salsa - so it must have been really hot!

The fourth person ordered seared Tuna. - delicious!!

The service was miserable. We sat for 1/2 hour before our order was taken. The the food took another 1/2 hour before it was served.

• Visited June 2013
sarasota
“Great find in small town!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

By far the best & freshest sushi around! A not to miss place after you experience
the beauty of the mountains & river in BV. Do not be in a hurry, the staff is very friendly- but
remember you are on Mountain Time! The music is a real added bonus and adds to the
atmosphere...Absolutely #1!

• Visited June 2013
Colorado
“The gem of Buena Vista...#1 in my book.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Let it be known that I'm astonished that the Asian Palate doesn't rank #1 in BV in Tripadvisor as it does in my book. We eat here about once a month and it's gotten to the point I don't look at nor even ask what the specials are (sushi rolls and typically seafood)...I just order it as I've never been disappointed...never. For the detractors that say it's overpriced...it's the middle of freak'in Colorado...to me it's a bargain considering where you're at. In the grand scheme of restaurant dining, it can hardly be considered "overpriced". Perhaps it is if you're used to the Dollar Menu at McDonald's and if you want a cheap meal in BV there are plenty of joints that can accommodate you. As far as really good to excellent Asian cuisine however...I'm sure there may be a place in Salida but the only places I can personally vouch for are MoMo's in Canon City (86 miles away) and the Ginger Cafe in Crested Butte (76 miles if Cottonwood Pass is open, 111 if not). While I'm sure there are other places perhaps north towards Vail or west towards Aspen...I think you get my point. In fact, the specials are SO good I've only tasted stuff off their normal menu once or twice....in the beginning. I think it was the Pad Thai and it was really good. Their Tom Ka Gai is to die for...the only better I've ever tasted was my own...well, to be honest the TKG at the Ginger Cafe is pretty darn good, too. Service has ALWAYS been fast and friendly...if they're busy, which they can be at the height of the tourist season, you might have to wait a bit...but the wait for us has always been reasonable. The only "negative" I can think of is their drink menu....for some odd reason I don't like many of their drinks (of the ones I've tried). They're certainly very innovative in their offerings but for whatever reason the drinks I've tried have not struck a chord with me. The "Ginger Cosmo" is decent as is the "Dark and Stormy"...but please try for yourself as it may simply be my taste...I typically stick to the classics. Try to save room for dessert....they've ALL been excellent, so far, and I find myself ordering the sticky rice-pudding repeatedly (it's not overly sweet as you sometimes find elsewhere). Enjoy....namaste.

• Visited May 2013

Been to The Asian Palate? Share your experiences!