“Noah's Ark Whitewater is the best in the business... ScottyBe doesn't know rafting”

Noah's Ark Colorado Rafting & Aerial Adventure Park
Full Day Browns Canyon Rafting
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Buena Vista
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An industry leader noted for high professional standards and quality staff, Noah's Ark has been offering families and groups the rafting experience of a lifetime. Enjoy our scenic riverfront lodge, showers, campsites/tents, covered pavilion, wet suit rentals, retail store and great meals! Half-day, full day, overnight, and fishing trips are offered on most sections of the Arkansas River. Group discounts, reservations recommended. Save time and raft more with our beautiful riverfront property and private put-in. Noah's Ark is also one of the only programs in the area permitted to lead climbing and backpacking trips. Be sure to check out the challenge aerial course, the Browns Canyon Colorado Adventure Park which has 4 Courses, 66 Elements, and a Big Drop Swing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 17, 2011

I have worked with Noah's Ark nearly a dozen times over five years with over 60 customers I have brought to do trips with Noah's. They have provided excellent whitewater AND wilderness back packing services with the very highest professionalism, safety and fun. The staff and leaders at Noah's Ark are second to none and have consistently impressed my adult customers as a part of trips I coordinate each summer.

The review by ScottyBe is a bit perplexing and reflects a lack of understanding of rafting, and the variations in trip timing and execution as it relates to river water volume and logistics. Depending on snow melt and many other factors, trips can vary quite a bit and cannot be as precise as he might like. This summer has had days that fluctuate +/- 300-400 cubic feet per second depending upon what is happening upstream, so the "orchestrated details" ScottyBe is looking for aren't possible... A trip to Noah's Ark in the Wisconsin Dells where the swimming pools kick out exact schedules of waterfalls and squirt guns is likely more for him.

1  Thank StillwaterRafter

Reviewed July 16, 2011

At Noah's Ark, the thing that made my trip so good were the guides. They are professional, well spoken and entertaining. They even make the bus ride back fun. You can tell that it's not just a summer job for them but something they are passionate about. Our guide Amy did such a great job explaining everything in such detail and was happy to answer all our questions. I ended up in a raft with 4 other individuals I didn't know and our guide was very intentional about getting to know us and helping us initiate conversation with each other. There was not a dull moment in the trip, if we weren't on a rapid we were being told stories about the areas history as well as being educated on local landscape and wildlife. This was actually my second time going this year because I had so much fun the first time I couldn't wait to bring some more family on a trip. With so many rafting companies in Buena Vista to choose from (I've gone with a few others) I highly recommend this company because of their high standard of safety and over all excellence. Be sure to rent some equipment like a splash jacket or wet suit because the arkansas river is COLD.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We had a terrific time rafting with Noah's Ark through Brown's Canyon on the Arkansas River. The water was super and the raft guides did a wonderful job explaining all the rapids; with notes on safety along the way. We have rafted with Noah's Ark for over 10 years and have never had less than an excellent experience. The guides are very knowledgeable, friendly and well-trained. The trip leader did a very good job organizing our group of six rafts as soon as we arrived. All of the guides were safety conscious and alert throughout the entire trip. We'll certainly continue to use Noah's Ark for all of our guest groups.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

NAWR Co. is a top-notch outfit. Just returned from a trip with three buddies and we had an amazing experience. We did the 1/2 day of Brown's Canyon and our guide, Carmen, was awesome. Also, I worked with Kate Bell in making all the arrangements in advance and she was fantastic to work with! I would recommend renting a few things like the booties and splash jackets. Definitely worth it (both very affordable) and will enhance your rafting experience. Thank you, NAWR Co. for a great time on the river!!

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Our trip down the Brown's River Canyon was superb! The company's facilities are very clean; the staff is incredibly knowledgable and fun (a proper blend of humor, wit, and professionalism); amongst some of the finest raft guides/employees we experienced are Kate, Abe, and Carmen. This is an incredible company and I would strongly recommend them to everyone--a group of friends, co-workers, or a family. Way to go, Noah's Ark!