“Too young 6 years ago, didn't miss it this year!”

Noah's Ark Colorado Rafting & Aerial Adventure Park
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Buena Vista
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An industry leader noted for high professional standards and quality staff, Noah's Ark has been offering families and groups the rafting experience of a lifetime. Enjoy our scenic riverfront lodge, showers, campsites/tents, covered pavilion, wet suit rentals, retail store and great meals! Half-day, full day, overnight, and fishing trips are offered on most sections of the Arkansas River. Group discounts, reservations recommended. Save time and raft more with our beautiful riverfront property and private put-in. Noah's Ark is also one of the only programs in the area permitted to lead climbing and backpacking trips. Be sure to check out the challenge aerial course, the Browns Canyon Colorado Adventure Park which has 4 Courses, 66 Elements, and a Big Drop Swing.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too young 6 years ago, didn't miss it this year!”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Just an excellent experience. People that really care, use your first name, and make the entire experience just awesome. Our son was too young 6 years ago when we were through Buena Vista, so we did a "float trip" with another company. We wanted to get back so we could go with Noah's Ark - we weren't disappointed!

Breckenridge, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What A Great Trip! Worth the time, drive and money!”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We drove an hour and a half to get to Noah's Ark from Breckenridge. Even though they had been suggested by a friend, I still questioned whether or not this would be worth the drive, worth the money and worth the time. Thankfully the answer was yes, it was worth it all. Everyone there was really nice, helpful and kind. Our guide Dan, took into account that I was a novice and a little weary of the water adventure. While my husband and older daughter had white water rafted before, it was a first for me and our 10 year old daughter.
Dan explained every rapid before we got to it and what to expect. He also pointed out different things along the canyon wall of interest.

i will say, it was rainy and cold when we got on the water. We were grateful that we had rented all the extras - booties, wet suit, splash jacket, etc. Which also helped us enjoy the trip.

When we finished our trip, we rode an old Blue Bird school bus back to the starting point but not before being entertained by one of the guides with a far fetched and creative story about the bus trip.

I'd certainly do this again and will consider them for another adventure in the future as they also offer hiking and llama trips to name a few.

Visited June 2011
Dayton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Rafting Exerience”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We (two families with teens) did the Brown's Canyon Full Day tour and had a blast. Our guides, John and Kyle, were outstanding -- knowing which rapids to challenge us with and which to stay clear of. The lunch was also excellent. Take their advice and rent the wetsuits, the Arkansas River is a snow-melt river and cold.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank OhioDave42
Rowland Heights, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for first-timers!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Clean facilities, rentals in good condition, reasonable prices. What made it unforgettable were the staff, they were so friendly, eased our nervousness about our first experience, and put us at ease. We had no mishaps, no one fell out of the raft, and we all got wet, which is what we came for! The canyon was gorgeous! Even though we didn't have waterproof cameras to capture it all, the experience was unforgettable. Best of all we were able to take hot showers after we got back!

Visited May 2011
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Great Adventure - Would Definately Do This Again!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

After spending a few days in BV and hearing the rave reviews of other travelers regarding their rafting experience on the Arkansas River, we decided to check into an afternoon trip that would take us through Brown's Canyon.

I am not an overly adventurous person and have a bit of a fear of water, so this was going out on a limb for me, but I was determined to overcome my anxiety and embrace the experience. I am so glad that I did as this was a wonderful experience and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Noah's Ark came highly recommended. A downfall, if you could call it that, was that the majority of their booking/office staff appeared to be High School students. While they were friendly, they weren't necessarily attuned to customer service, I guess I'd say they were a little lax, more involved in their conversations with each other than attuned to answering questions and being aware of some basic customer service. In all fairness though, this is an outdoor rafting company and one would expect the atmosphere to be pretty relaxed.

That said, the guides and others who were giving the safety instructions were a bit older and very serious about making sure that everyone understood their instructions. Their focus on safety was very reassuring to me (the wimpy one in our party of 6).

The scenery along our trip - 3 hours total I think - was beautiful and so peaceful. There were calm parts of the trip and then there was some heart pounding excitement. I thoroughly enjoyed both and never at any time did I feel unsafe. Our guide, Tony, continued to go over safety issues and "what to do if" scenarios throughout the trip. He definately helped me to feel more comfortable and I had every confidence in his ability.

Overall this was a fabulous experience and I'd say a must do if you find yourself in BV.

Visited August 2010