“No Problems; Relaxing Visit”
Review of Pinon Court Cabins

Pinon Court Cabins
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Buena Vista
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
“No Problems; Relaxing Visit”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Our stay was just fine. Must be the court was filled with guests who understand common courtesy beyond their own front door? My 14 yr old boys certainly aren't quiet -- so they wrestled around until 10pm and then moved on to a less vocal activity. Phil & Jackie were friendly & made sure we had what we needed for our 3 day stay. The beds were comfy and the layout of the cabin perfect for us. Our cabin was right next to 24 hwy and there was no noise problem with cars/trucks/motorcycles passing in the night. We were within walking distance of a couple a great little fast food joints that satisfied the boys' appetites and close to the local grocery store. The free WiFi was great and was the only place of 4 we stayed during our vacation that was actually a SECURED connection. Buena Vista is a neat little city with great morning views & some really nice locals. When we come back we'll look up Pinon Courts again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Texas USA
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Spent one night and great stop for the night. We would go back again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Monroeville, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed two nights at Pinon Court Cabins in Buena Vista CO. Jacki and Phil were the best hosts. Nothing was a problem. My wife and I traveled to a different area in CO, I needed a phone number for a business in Buena Vista, I called Phil and he looked it up for me. How many places would not be bothered by that? I try to stay at Mom and Pop motels for that reason but I never found nicer people than them. If anyone ever is in Buena Vista CO this is a must place to stay!
Rod and Louise

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Stayed here this week from 7-19-2010 to 7-22-2010 with our Three Dogs. Exellent rooms, very nice accomodations. Enjoyed the stay while we hiked some peaks in the local area. Very clean and cozy. Awesome area, Way too much to do in just one trip.

Montague, New Jersey
Reviewed July 23, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE DOGS OR KIDS!!!! She is foul mouthed and appears nice when you book a room, then when you are arrive and they get your money, things change!. There was food left on the stove by previous lodgers and it smelled like gas. She was yelling at threatening other guests. Was not professional at all!!!!!!! Not a very family oriented place to stayll. They also really like their alcohol apparently... We didnt want a party atmosphere!!! After coming home and looking for reviews to see if others had the same experience, I was shocked!!! NEVER would I have booked a room for the night if I had known.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank chocoholicmommy
Colorado
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I am SO DISAPPOINTED and offended by the behavior of the owners of this place... I was really excited to stay here during my boyfriend's mountain bike race in the area after I had spoken to Jackie on the phone and made the reservation because they seemed really cool. The first night everything was fine until about 11 p.m. when another guest came back to their room and let their dog out of their car unleashed. Within 2 seconds (literally), Jackie the owner was outside screaming in the courtyard and she picked a HUGE fight with the other people. She was extremely unprofessional and way overreacted. She was cussing and she tried to throw them out because they "signed a contract" saying the dog would be a leash. I understand wanting people to follow rules, but Jackie does not get the concept of customer service. These people were at first apologetic and leashed the dog, but she kept threating them and told them to "get out". At one point she entered their room, which was intimidating. An owner has rights, but so do renters. The dog was an old golden and did not cause any trouble, it barked because Jackie was screaming at it. The police almost came and then because we saw all of it the fight got moved to the porch of our cabin (not okay) and the owner Jackie proceeded to fight with the other guests literally inches away from me and my friend and at one point she PUT HER HANDS ON THE FEMALE GUEST. All this woke up my boyfriend who had a 50 mile bike race first thing in the morning. I work in law enforcement and the way Jackie handled this situation was 100% unacceptable, and would be considered harrassment.

We thought it was random event, but the next night, after returning late from dinner after an all day race, we were sitting on the porch again and we see Jackie looking out of her window, saying "I'm watching you, I'm watching you girls" in a singsong voice. I am not making this up. So my boyfriend went over to ask her what was wrong, and she thought my friend had been staying in the cabin with us as an extra person, which she had not. She was camping in her car and had been hanging out with us during the day, and we had even show her my friend's car and told her my friend would be hanging out. Jackie said she was going to call the cops and tell them my friend was camping in her car (what?) and then she proceeded to be EXTREMELY RUDE to my boyfriend, who is a very calm and reasonable person. She was saying she was trying to protect her investment, but this was HARRASSMENT and just plain weird. She wouldn't drop it even though we did NOTHING WRONG and we are very clean, and respectful renters. She kept talking about contracts, which we never saw or signed. Her argument had no basis an it was like she just really got off on fighting. My boyfriend finally said that we were leaving because he did not feel secure staying there, like she would come into our room and mess with our stuff or worse. So then she comes out and starts TAKING PICTURES OF OUR CARS and even shoved a camera in my friend's face and took her picture. Her husband just sits around and says nothing, I can't believe she thinks this kind of behavior is acceptable, much less professional. Both of these episodes of course woke up every one in the motel.

We ended up leaving and sleeping in our car in the national forest, which really sucked after boyfriend had just finished a 50-mile race and was really tired. JACKIE RUINED OUR WEEKEND and now we are WATCHING OUR CREDIT CARD TO MAKE SURE SHE DOESN'T POST FRAUDULENT CHARGES because I could totally see her doing it.

I am also FILING COMPLAINTS WITH THE BV POLICE DEPARTMENT and also with the Better Business Bureau. I have years and years of customer service experience on top of being a peace officer and there is no situation in which this woman's behavior would be okay or reasonable. Do yourself a favor and do not stay here, even for those lucky few who don't have an issue with Jackie, if you have one you can count on leaving in the middle of night and having your trip completely ruined.

10 Thank COtoAK
Plano, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I came into the heart of Colorado looking to stay in a place just like the Pinon Court Cabins...beautiful surroundings and the flavor of the kind of places in which we used to stay on trips when I was young. I couldn't have found a better place for that, but there was also the tremendous benefit of having Phil and Jackie as the hosts. They are real people, not a faceless corporation simply running a business, and we had a very pleasant conversation sitting out behind the office on their picnic table. The whole experience was a delight, and I truly look forward to staying there again in the future. Thanks, guys. You made it special.

Gary Williamson

Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort
Surf Chateau
Surf Chateau
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista

Been to Pinon Court Cabins? Share your experiences!