“Great Girls Weekend, Ages 20-30, Excellent Location!”
Review of Pinon Court Cabins

Pinon Court Cabins
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Buena Vista
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great location off Hwy 24 in Buena Vista, within walking distance to restaurants, bars, shopping & park directly across the street. Cabins were clean, well stocked with essentials, plus beds & furniture are comfortable! Truly like home. Great community feel. Jackie and Phil are lovely. Like a favorite Aunt & Uncle, can't wait to visit with them again soon! We would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: All units have an A/C - helps cut down on highway noise for soundless sleep! Not a bad unit to be ha...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Pinon Court Cabins

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Driving into BV looking for something with a pool (OUTDOOR pool), Pinon Court immediately caught our eye, and we ended up coming back and booking a cabin because 1) nothing in the city of Buena Vista is more visually appealing and 2) the price is right for the experience. Jackie and Phil rock, the people staying at the motel were nice and the setup gives a community-esque feel to the place, which is very friendly and inviting. The location is primo, you get a private garage her rental, and Phil and Jackie have great suggestions for what to do in the area. The cabins are super cute and mountain-hippie-kitschy, but in a very comfortable and inviting way. Beds are soft but I like mine that way, and we had a great little kitchenette and even a fireplace in ours! We just had such a nice quick 18 hour turn in here, but we slept like rocks, were surrounded by kind people and a safe environment the entirety of our stay, and will definitely return when we come through Bueny again! Thank you J&P!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I'd love to give a 5 star rating for Pinon Court but our bed was way too soft for our liking. Other than that, the cabin was very clean, quaint, and comfortable. Jackie and Phil were wonderful hosts. We both appreciated the special attention we received and enjoyed the back yard patio entertainment we lucked into. Thanks for making our weekend special!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nmsheck
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Jackie and Phil are great! Clean and Cozy rooms! The decorations are beautiful inside and out! I hope to return with my husband. Rates are great to. I slept like a baby. Nice patio to enjoy the mountain air. Jackie is also a mountain of info on where to sight see.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Philip and Jackie House were great host for us and our pets. Great get away for relaxing, fishing and seeing the collegian range. They are now our number one get away from Denver's rush! Easy walking distance to river and downtown.

Room Tip: Let Jackie now your likes and dislikes.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2014

These beautifully redecorated cabins were built in 1932. They are exactly the type of places my parents use to stay in when we went in vacation in the 70's. The owners have painstakingly redecorated the cabins in keeping with the 1940's plus adding the home touches and the modern conveniences.

I did not meet Phillip but Jackie was an absolute treasure - like-minded and a familiar old soul. I was so tired from traveling that I decided to stay an extra night - plus the fact that the bed was so soft it did my back good so that I was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation. The reason hotels have such hard beds? Jackie advised me it's because they last longer - not that the guests like them better - so hotels take notice - cater to your guests and not to your pocketbooks because in the long run you'll be repaid several times over by repeat customers.

The second night Jackie had not seen me out anywhere during the day so she came to my door to make sure I was all right and to tell me she had cooked some chicken. However, I had already ordered a pizza so had to turn down the chicken but that was the sweetest gesture I have ever encountered in a relative stranger!

The cabins have an electric radiator and a medium-sized electric fireplace, all kitchen amenities, cable, WIFI, air-conditioning, and the old-fashioned garages. Plus Jackie washes all the towels and dries them on the line which makes for the sweet-smell (also from childhood) of air-dried towels and another contribution to saving on energy for environment.

I haven't enjoyed a room (cabin) like this since I was a teenager and I definitely plan to go back!

Room Tip: There is only one room that has a hard bed so for those of you with neck/spinal problems, you would...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan L
Cozmania, Owner at Pinon Court Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Susan,
thank you so much for your wonderful and comprehensive review. It was a great pleasure meeting you and hosting you at Pinon Court. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have stayed the past 2 summers here for a long weekend and this place is great! Phillip and Jackie are awesome and run a great place. Yes you could maybe stay at chain hotel for a little less but what fun is that? Can't wait for our stay next summer!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins
Surf Chateau
Surf Chateau
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista

Been to Pinon Court Cabins? Share your experiences!