Open today: 7:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Wilderness Aware Rafting tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Wilderness Aware Rafting
from $77.39
from $61.04
from $77.39
from $85.02
1,250 results
All reviews day trip the river brown's canyon great trip cookies guide sarah browns canyon half day trip leader top notch made us feel next year a lot of fun great job white water rafting rafting company great rafting great company
Reviewed September 27, 2018

The river and surrounding canyon was breathtaking and sometimes took my attention from listening to the paddling commands. But no matter who you go with, the surroundings are the same. The difference with Wilderness Aware Rafting is the the guides. Not only did we have complete confidence in our guide's skill and competence, he was genuinely personable and we enjoyed good conversation during the trip (well maybe the slower parts, which were few). Overall, we were very pleased with our experience and highly recommend Wilderness Aware to anyone.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Took my two teens who had been whitewater rafting last year also through Brown's Canyon but also over a different section.

Our raft was pretty full and the river was packed with boats (it was a Saturday). The water was low which presents some challenges. The folks in our boat only did the morning so we switched to a different boat with a different guide. The afternoon guide was much livelier and interacted more with us.

Overall the trip was fun even with the lower water.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

We booked our rafting tour with Wilderness Aware Rafting because of a family recommendation. They said it was by far the best outfitter. After booking our full day Browns Canyon trip, they called to let me know the full day was not going to be possible because the water levels were so low. They said they should still be doing the half day trips so I changed to that.

When we arrived, the staff was courteous and attentive and got us all signed in. We had already done the online waiver so all we needed was to get our gear and Rob hooked us up with that since we were early. Tony came out and gave us a safety briefing and we were off. About a 10 minute bus ride and we were putting in the rafts at the away point. Tony was our guide and Rob was in the other raft. Tony is awesome. Knowledgeable and a skilled guide. He kept the trip fun and kept us aware of what was in store ahead. Would highly recommend Tony and Wilderness Aware.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We took our three oldest grandkids and one niece rafting down Browns Canyon ! We took the full day trip with lunch . It was very fun but scary with the kids as they did not know anything about rafting. If you are taking kids under 13 , I would recommend the half day unless they are experienced . Our guide was very friendly and she helped us a lot .We did have a few scares !! I would recommend wearing dry fit type clothing or swim suit and water shoes. They do have rental shoes there as well as jackets for splashing water. Don’t take your camera unless you have a go-pro. They will let you strap it onto the helmet. You can take a water bottle. No back packs were allowed . We had to leave them in our vehicle. I will go back and raft with Wilderness Aware , but probably not with the kids !! I worried the whole time they were going to fall out . ( which they almost did twice) but I would recommend Wilderness Aware , they are very professional, very friendly , their equipment is in great condition. They have a small store where you can buy souvenirs. Five stars!! Ps don’t forget at the end to go inside and look at your pictures!! We forgot !!

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We felt welcome as soon as we arrived. Hailey (sp?) at the front desk was friendly and helpful while checking us in and telling us what we needed to do. The guides did a good job explaining everything at the safety brief. Our guide Eric did a great job building a rapport with everyone and made everything a lot of fun. He knows what he’s doing, as do all the guides (Miller, Demi, Bret, don’t remember the others names). They all have a good sense of humor and will put you at ease if you’re nervous about rafting. I had a great impression of Wilderness Aware and would highly recommend them for a great time on the river.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Miller was our guide on a half day trip through Browns Canyon. He was informative and fun. The trip was great. I will definitely be using Wilderness Aware again.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My family did a half day trip and it was amazing the staff are awesome and very informative! I would recommend them to anyone coming to Bueno Vista!!

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Please do yourself a favor and go! Wilderness aware has a great facility, wonderful guides and great equipment. We weren’t sure how we would fare out so we chose the half day, knowing what we know we would do full day. I was pretty nervous about my seven year old but he was more than fine! (We also went when it was low) it’s worth every penny

Reviewed August 3, 2018

Great day on the water with Jesse and Rob! Our group of four adults enjoyed the scenery, the interesting information provided by Jesse, and a great day of rafting! At lunch, I really appreciated the chance to hike up to have an overhead view of our next set of rapids. Jesse made maneuvering the raft seem easy--even in low water and a good-sized load. I am sure that "high side and wiggle" is a technical rafting term I won't soon forget!
Years ago we booked a two-family trip with this outfitter and were equally pleased. I am glad to see that the experience you get with this group is still top-notch.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Our family (husband, 18 year old son, and I) went on the Brown's Canyon all day trip. What a fun adventure! The entire staff was kind and helpful. A continental breakfast was waiting when when got there, a yummy picnic lunch with a gorgeous hike, and then treats at the end ensured we didn't starve! It was just challenging enough for us and still lots of fun...not sure when I've laughed that hard. Zachary and Dani were a terrific guide team. Zach was our competent raft guide who made sure we had a memorable day. We will remember this trip fondly and look forward to doing it again one day!