“Awesome experience!”

Browns Canyon National Monument Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #3 of 17 Tours in Buena Vista
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Colorado river rafting trips on five Colorado rivers. River rafting trips on Colorado's most popular river, the Arkansas River through Browns Canyon National Monument and the Royal Gorge. Wildwater and family class river rafting trips. Established in 1976, we have experienced guides and an outstanding safety record. Twice named "Colorado Company of the Year!" Winner of the BBB Excellence in Customer Service Award.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Thanks to Pete and Connor. If you book a rafting trip with WA, ask for Pete and Connor. If they aren't available, reschedule your trip. We did a multi-day trip and had an amazing time on the river laying treats all over the place (you'll need to take the trip to understand the lingo). We also had a great night camping under the stars and getting our groove on (again, take the trip, learn the lingo). I would recommend WA to anyone capable of taking a recommendation, and I would insist they ask for Pete (who pulled my girlfriend back into the boat; kudos) and Connor (who looks like a certain celebrity; hint: it's not Julia Roberts). Both guys are wise beyond their years, laugh-out-loud funny (ask them what the difference is between a hockey player and a...) and genuinely nice people. They also slice and dice veggies like Iron Chefs. Go to Colorado. Call WA. Do this trip!!!

There are newer reviews for Wilderness Aware Rafting

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had an amazing time at Browns Canyon and were lucky enough to have Greg as our guide. The trip was safe, fun and well-organized. We rented the full package (wetsuit, booties, and splash jacket) and the equipment was in great condition. Definitely ask for Greg as your guide. He had plenty of stories, ensured we all had a good time, and had great advice for future rafting adventures.

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went on this trip with my daughter (24 yrs), and this was our first rafting experience. Everybody on the trip was wonderful, very patient and kind. (Even down to teaching us how to set up our tent.....) I called the office several times before the trip with questions, and the office staff was very helpful and friendly.
Our trip guides were Tom and Katee. On our first day Tom took us down the rapids, and he was amazing with his knowledge and expertise. Both Tom and Katee are very good, they explained everything to us, and they were always available to answer questions and make sure we were comfortable. Both guides are very well trained, and never at any time was I concerned for our safety. They worked very hard from sun up to sun set. The rafting was awesome, the scenery was beautiful, and it was a wonderful experience. I recommend it to anyone looking for a fun time and for a way to really "get away" for a while. The food was excellent, much to our surprise. Our guides prepared awesome meals, most of which were better than a lot of restaurants where I have eaten.
On our last day we were supposed to raft the "Royal Gorge". But because of the fires we were unable to do this. Once again our guides really worked hard to make sure we still experienced the full fun 5 days of rafting, and instead we rafted the "Numbers" which was a blast. So now we have an excuse to come back again, and raft the "Royal Gorge". ;-)
Thank you Tom and Katee! We had a wonderful experience we will always remember!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I cannot recommend Wilderness Aware and Cookie Wright highly enough. The company and facilities were excellent and our guide, Cookie, made our day on the Numbers amazing. I expected to have a good time white water rafting. I did not know I would be blown away. The water IS freezing so expect to wear a wet-suite and get splashed, but, hey, thats what its all about. The river was very high and the rapids were huge, but of course thats what made the trip worth it. If possible request Cookie as your guide. He is a former Marine.

2  Thank Mark A
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Greg was our guide during this half day trip. Had a very interesting background with rafting experience all over the globe. He did a great job engaging all rafting participants in conversation making everyone feel comfortable. Went with my 8 year old son and he had a blast. Would definitely go back and cant really envision a better guide than Greg.

2  Thank Jason S