“couldn't have been better”

Wilderness Aware Rafting
Browns Canyon National Monument Whitewater Rafting
Ranked #3 of 17 Tours in Buena Vista
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Colorado river rafting trips on five Colorado rivers. River rafting trips on Colorado's most popular river, the Arkansas River through Browns Canyon National Monument and the Royal Gorge. Wildwater and family class river rafting trips. Established in 1976, we have experienced guides and an outstanding safety record. Twice named "Colorado Company of the Year!" Winner of the BBB Excellence in Customer Service Award.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Everything was perfect! We had 3 adults and 3 girls( 18, 12, and 7). The difficulty rating was 2, 3, and 4. The guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. I trusted this guy with my girls and they are the most important people in my life. This is the place to go. For me there is no other place.

lovescoloradorafting, Owner at Wilderness Aware Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

We hire guides for skill and just as importantly for personality. I have two sons and an important goal for a trip with my family is sharing a meaningful life experience with my kids. Our guides like kids and realize that is probably your goal too.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We ratfed Browns Canyon one afternoon in early September - we had already rafted a few days before with another company at Royal Gorge, but we were desperate for another go. Browns Canyon tends to be sold as slightly less 'exciting' than the Royal Gorge trip but we absolutely loved it and found it more beautiful and more exciting than our previous trip. There were great class 3 and 4 rapids and scenery to die for. We were also lucky enough to be the only two passengers that afternoon, so we got lots of paddling action! Last but definitely not least, our guide Justin was fantastic - what a fun guy to be with - I wish him all the success in life he deserves.

We offer the Royal Gorge, but Browns Canyon is our favorite trip too. More of a remote experience. Justin is a hoot, glad you enjoyed him.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Lots of personal attention from our guide and driver.
Great lunch. Although the water levels were very low our guide made an entertaining float event.

Pete is a great guide. We enjoyed taking him on a family and friend 16-day Grand Canyon raft trip this past summer. He plans to return next year as well.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My sons and I took a rafting trip this August and it was great. Our guide was extremely knowledgable and fun. My only regret is not taking more action pictures because the pictures taken by Wilderness Aware were beautiful, but oh my gosh!!! They were crazy expensive!! I reluctantly had to pass them up because of the high cost for each one.

So glad you had a great trip! It is unfortunate how difficult and costly it is to get photos taken and out of the remote canyon before you return to our office. Just so you know, all companies use the same photographer and our prices are competitive with other raft companies. You are always welcome to bring your own camera however!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our family was looking for an exciting rafting trip for the second week of August. With water levels being low this time of year, we decided to go with Wilderness Aware and their half-day Brown's Canyon trip on the Arkansas river. We were so happy that we chose this company. The pre-trip instructions were very thorough and also entertaining. Even though the water levels were low, our guide (Justin) managed to make the trip exciting. He has us doing various maneuvers down the river and also kept us entertained during the slow portions of the river by giving us information about the canyon and we floated.

The Wilderness Aware facilities were excellent--very clean. They had changing rooms and the equipment area was very organized. I would highly recommend this company. They also offer many other trip options. Our only regret was that we were not able to do the rafting trip earlier in the year so that the water levels would have been more challenging.

lovescoloradorafting, Owner at Wilderness Aware Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I am so glad you had a great trip. We had a low water year this year and our guides had high spirits and really kept it fun. We are so fortunate to have a river that is different yet exciting and challenging at all levels. Thanks for recognizing the effort our staff puts into keeping it 1st class!

Been to Wilderness Aware Rafting? Share your experiences!