“PASS THIS PLACE BY!”

Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The waitress waited on friends before us and brought my eggs and chili out cold. When I asked her to warm them in the microwave she informed me that they had been in the microwave because the cheese was melted. I told her the cheese had been melted at one time but now it was cold and why did my meal have to be in the microwave as the heat of the grill should have been enough to melt the cheese and why was she arguing with a customer? She informed me that she was explaining not arguing. She took the meal back but it was still cold when she again served it! You don't serve a cold Mexican breakfast to a Texan! Last time for me and anyone who will listen to me...Much better cafes in Buena Vista. I will advertise against them six months out of every year as I am a local for that time.

1  Thank OldSquid
blzbv, Owner at Evergreen Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2010

Please stop in and try us again. As you can see from the other reviews we pride ourselves on good service and quality food.

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Steve from the Lakeside Hotel recommended this place to us and we were glad he did! Small cafe with organic, home made food. The coffee is truly amazing - organic, locally roasted, and rich with no bitterness. The portions are good size without being silly. We had two picky eaters who cleared their plates. The french toast is something you could get addicted to. The eggs very fresh and obviously not cooked in no cheap-tasting oil. The biscuits and gravy were fine (I'm from the South so, consider that point. And I did finish the entire plate!) The breakfast burrito was super yummy. Great place to visit.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

We sat at the4 counter and we were glad we did because the bustling cooks and waiters were fascinating! The breakfast was good and they were very quick refilling coffee. The only thing I didbn't like were the hash browns; everything else was great!

Reviewed July 27, 2010

My son & daughter-in-law lived in Buena Vista for a while and every time we visited them, I made them eat breakfast at the Evergreen Cafe every single morning! Even came back for lunch a few times, too! Lots of choices and you can't go wrong with any of them. Awesome homemade muffins - the hard part is choosing which flavor! Very friendly staff and great service as well.

Reviewed October 25, 2009

Eat at Evergreen Cafe a few times and the friendly staff is sure to remember your name and your usual order. The owner and her staff are super friendly and it's a great place with a diverse menu that is consistently good.

Been to Evergreen Cafe? Share your experiences!