Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brush
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brush
colorado springs
“Gross”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I don't advise staying at this hotel. The room wasn't clean. We turned down the bed sheets hoping for a good night's sleep and found that it was full of hair. It appeared that they didn't strip the sheets and wash them after the last time the room was booked. I told the lady at the front desk and she didn't seem concerned. She just handed my husband and I new sheets and said she'd leave a message for the day manager, which she never did. We had to make the bed. When we stripped the sheets, there was a rubber mattress pad on the bed. The bathroom smelled bad. The floors of room were filthy. The whole stay left us feeling dirty. It was just gross.

Room Tip: Continue on down the road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed August 14, 2012

One night say..thank goodness...matress was wrapped in plastic..it crunched when you rolled over...I felt like I was in a hospital bed....the bed not comfortable like all other Microtels I have been in...breakfast..forgetable..kitchen area dirty...my bagel stale.
no elevator..plugs had no covers...I had to call to the desk to find out how to work the TV (TVs?) I had two a flat screen and a larger unit which was ontop of the wardrobe..why..I was told I had to turn on the TV maually..the remote did not work...strange...I wont go back or recommend...not a deal even for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Brush hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Nothing about this property is good. And it certainly doesn't live up to the standard of other Microtels we have stayed. If I had not booked this room online and agreed to the refund deadline, which fell after I had booked the hotel from the Internet while on the road, we would have drove all night rather than stay here.

When you drive up you can tell from the building this appears to be a refab of another hotel chain. The lady at the front desk told me we could enter the side door, but have to place a rock in the door if we want to get in and out. Yes, a "rock." The door wasn't the only thing not working. When you opened the door that wasnt adjar with a rock, you are met with the smell of stale cigarette smoke. Our room was on the second floor, undoubtedly because we heathens selected a non-smoking room. The non-smoking hallway smelled like stale cigerette smoke. The room was freezing and smelled of damp mold.

For those of you who have come to appreciate Microtels, you know what to expect when you open the door. And that's why you select this hotel chain. Not so here. The bathroom you can barely move in. The beds are crunchy. The pillows feel like they were bought at goodwill 20 years ago. The tv was old tube-type. Breakfast consisted of the worst coffee imaginable, two kinds of cereal you had to dig out of a bin, about eight slices of white bread, a few Danishes, a few yogurts and juice. The waffle maker had burnt waffle in it and it was obvious hadn't been cleaned by the staff in days, perhaps weeks. There is a sink on the same counter as the food and it had dirty rags and a pitcher full of something that was gross and indescribable. The ice machine down the hall had something growing out of the side of it and the adjoining candy machine had not been cleaned in forever.

Microtels should remove this hotel from its registry. It's ruined my obsession for them.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Cheap place to stay, friendly staff. Only half a mile from the hiway. Everywhere I looked was clean and tidy with no funny smells or anything unpleasant at all really.. Non smoking room is really a non smoking room- other places I've stayed and asked for non smoking have had that wet ashtray smell to them. I stayed in a ground level room facing the front carpark and it was quiet all night.

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great value. Rooms clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Beds comfortable. Would stay here gain if in the area

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Socorro, New Mexico
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Microtel means small rooms but that is where it ends.
Two seniors paid $62.44 for a room.
Clean and neat. The breakfast had the usual plus hot waffles.
The pool and hot tub rank with the best motels.
Only down side is the pillows get a C rating.
Bunker Hill Golf course is minutes away.
$44 for 2 riding 9 holes. Good course.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I I found this to be an excellent place to stay, economical, friendly, clean, convenient to the Interstate. If I 'm back that way as night approaches, I'll certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brush
Hampton Inn Fort Morgan
#6 of 8 in Fort Morgan
Econo Lodge Brush
Econo Lodge Brush
#3 of 4 in Brush

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brush? Share your experiences!