“Not bad.... But not good either”

Great Scotts Eatery
Ranked #2 of 192 Restaurants in Broomfield
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
South Carolina
“Not bad.... But not good either”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Diner ambiance which I loved, but every time we've been there (3 times in 4 years), it's been noisy, crowded and the service has felt rushed and spotty. A 20 minute wait to place an order or a coffee cup going empty the entire meal is what to expect. The menu is large so are the portions, but nothing tastes fresh made . The chile rellenos are good though, so if you eat there, try those.

• Visited December 2011

Worldwide
“OK, though I liked the previous incarnation before it became a chain.”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I'm trying to remember the name of this place before it became part of the Great Scotts Eatery chain. Great Scotts' is OK if you're looking at a basic place with big portions. When we go there as a family of 3, we usually order 2 meals, Or 1 meal and 1-2 sides which are plenty for 3 people.

• Visited August 2010
Denver, Colorado
“It's what you think of when you think of a diner.”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We had dinner at Great Scotts on 9/3/10. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere close to highway 36 and Hwy 287. We arrived at about 6 PM. The parking lot was full and we had to park on the unpaved back lot. No problem. Surprisingly, there was no wait to be seated. We got a booth by a window. There were 4 of us - 2 adults and two boys; 4 1/2 and 2.

The menu is full. Anything you would think you'd find on a diner menu was there. We started out with Cheese Bacon Fries. They were GOOD. How can you go wrong with cheese and bacon over french fries? The 4 1/2 year old had a french toast with bacon kids meal. He ate every bite and that's high praise from a 4 1/2 year old. My husband had the Fiesta Combo. He liked it and said it had one of the best chili rellanos he's had in Denver. I had the chicken fried steak. My meal came with soup or salad, choice of vegetable and choice of potato. I had clam chowder which isn't made in house and you could tell. Instead of a vegetable, I got applesauce for my son. And I got a baked potato which was a bit too firm for me. As you can see in the picture, it comes with a mini tub of Shedd's Spread and a plastic cup of sour cream. The chicken fried steak itself was good and the country gravy was plentiful!

The nicest part of the visit to Great Scotts was Eric the wait person. He's a middle school teacher by day and works weekends at Great Scotts. He's very personable and attentive. I ordered the Creamy Chocolate milkshake and he chocolated it up for me. It was the creamiest shake I'd ever had. I didn't leave a drop!

We're a famiy of 4 that ate for $32 and left full.

On our way out to the car a train passed behind the diner. What an exciting thing for our two sons to see. We sat and watched the whole train go by.

The food wasn't the best diner food we've ever had but it as good and a few items were super. We'll definitely go again.

1 Thank MileHighGirl