“Authentic I Guess”
Review of La Casita de Durango - CLOSED

La Casita de Durango
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 15, 2012

It is a small place in a standalone building that was probably built as a burger joint. The seats were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. If I lived nearby I would probably visit regularly. It was an inexpensive collection of mexican dishes. It was not the typical mexican restaurant with a menu full of combo plates. We tried gorditas for the first time and loved them. The nachos were tasty with a kick, and the cheese quesidia was good. It was fun to just share several things.

2  Thank brentp999
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I've been here numerous times, the service is always friendly and the food is superb! I agree witht he previous reviewer's assessment, truly the most authentic mexican food in the area.

2  Thank girlgolfer
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This is a gem of a restaurant! The food is made by hand and the authentic taste is incredible! We eat here often, and while it takes a bit longer -- after all, they're preparing it just for you -- the quality and taste are superb. This restaurant has spoiled me for all other "Mexican" food! I love their chicken gordita and sopes. If you want authentic Mexican food at a locally owned restaurant with old-fashioned home cooking, this is the place!

3  Thank Machta