“Love the bento boxes!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Broomfield, Colorado
“Love the bento boxes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I went here with my husband and my brother in March for a weekday lunch. The dining room was nice, airy and bright. My husband had been here a few times before for business lunches and said it was a good place.
None of us are sushi eaters, so we all had bento boxes with miso soup, which was good. I had katsu chicken and I think my husband had teriyaki chicken. My brother had California rolls. The food was good, light but filling, and tasted fresh.
Service was average. The lady was very friendly but didn't come around very often and it took awhile for us to get our food.
I want to go back but I work in downtown Denver, and Taigun's weekend hours frankly suck. I'm sure I will make it back someday.
Even if you don't eat sushi, you can still get a fresh, filling meal here!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Superior, Colorado
“great japanese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

worth a try...never had a bad experience. Very good sushi.

Visited September 2011
“Best kept secret in the Front range.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

Half the price of Sushi Den and just as good! We moved from wash park in Denver to the northern suburbs and found this amazing place- we have a new baby and go there every chance we get.

Denver, CO
“Probably good sushi but otherwise issues”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We didn't get the sushi; lots of people appeared to be getting it and loving it. We got tofu and chicken dinner dishes. Neither was very good, their tofu was just thick slabs and barely cooked, which is not how you cook tofu! We then said we were ready to go and it was half an hour before we got our check and got out of there.

Their soup was good and I bet people like the sushi though.

Visited January 2011
2 Thank MsVeggieMonster
Denver, Colorado
“Taigun delivers every time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

We went to dinner at Taigun on November 4, 2010. We've been here MANY times over the last few years and it never fails to deliver the best sushi and sashimi.

Parking in plentiful and free. We were greeted and seated immediately. Table for 2. We were given regular menus and a sushi menu. We usually order exclusively from the sushi menu. We ordered salad with their homemade miso dressing for me, miso soup for my husband. Their miso dressing is the best dressing I've ever had. I always tell them they should bottle it and sell it! We also ordered green mussels for an appetizer. they're a tiny bit spicy but oh so good.

We plan all day for rolls at Taigun by eating very little else so we can really do it up. For dinner we ordered 7 rolls. Tiger roll, California crunch roll, calamari roll, shrimp tempura topped with shrimp roll, spider roll, unagi roll and a spicy tuna roll. Everything was the right temperature, bite size and pretty to look at. Service was fast and very pleasant. They have an extensive regular menu with kids items, if your kids like tempura chicken and edamame.

Special note should be made that every Wednesday for $17.99 they have all you can eat and it includes almost every roll they make. That's a great deal! Our order came to $72 so we would do better to go on Wednesdays!

We love Taigun and always tell everyone to go there.

• 3 of 5 bubbles