“Great little place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Broomfield B&B and Inns
Gilbert Arizona
“Great little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2009

i stayed here for a week on business and had a wonderful experience. Brittany and the rest of the staff went out of their way to make me feel at home and one of the family. Chis is a phenomenal chef and Duncan provides great hospitality. The food is - well - so good that I never went any where else for dinner and my scales at home showed how much I loved it!
The room was cozy, spacious and welcoming. It was more like a friend's guest room than a hotel room. I would recommend this to my best friend - and did!!!

• Liked — The staff and the food
  • Disliked — The way the heat/cooling worked
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pueblo, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

This property should not be listed with Hotwire as a 2.5 star hotel. The description is not accurate. The "kitchenette" is nothing more than a coffee pot, a few dishes, a microwave, and a fridge. The "suite" is not what you'd find in other hotels in this category, i.e. a seperate bedroom.

When I asked for an upgrade since it was not what it was described to be, I was happily obliged. However, when we arrived, we were charged twice what I was expecting for the upgrade after confirming it with 2 separate people. The owner would not budge, and treated me like a liar. After a frustrating conversation, he grudgingly offered to buy us breakfast the next morning. I accepted, and didn't mention that his website says guests are supposed to get "a delicious complimentary, full-size breakfast" anyway. (When we arrived, they told us the full breakfast would be $6 each or we could have a continental breakfast.)

This place has potential, especially for the location, but our experience was a disappointment. The website is misleading about amenities and what's included in a stay. The owner doesn't seem to mind insulting the customer. The food at the restaurant was excellent. Not a good place for kids because the kitchen moves at a snail's pace.

• Liked — Food at the restaurant was very good.
  • Disliked — Service and false advertisement.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
HilltopBroomfield, Managing Partner at Hilltop Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2009
I am truly sorry that the guest felt this way. All of us here at the Hilltop Inn Guest House & Suites make every effort to ensure that all our guests receive the highest level of service and are treated with the upmost of respect. It is evident that we did not do this in this case and I will making every effort available to make amends with the guest in person. While I do not agree with everything the guest wrote in their review it is apparent that we could have done better in several areas and I and my staff have committed to ensuring that all our guests do not experience any of the negative issues this guest and her family had and in turn have a memorable and pleasant stay just as you would expect from a family owned and operated hotel. Thank you
Broomfield, Co.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

we had a great night stay. everyone who works there were very nice and helpful. we had a very romantic night and the room helped with that. to anyone who needs a night out this is the place to go!!!!!!!!

Stayed January 2009
US
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2009

Unacceptable service! This place accepted my reservation through Hotwire at ~10:15pm. When I arrived at the motel, the office was locked. It took 15 minutes for the night manager to drive from his home and check me in. The temperature was near zero degrees; I was not happy. Why in heaven's name would a motel continue to accept reservations from hotwire after the manager has left for the evening?

The room had its heat turned completely off; room temperature was less than 50. Tiles in the entrance and bathroom were too cold to walk on without my shoes. The fireplace worked, but it took over an hour before the room was a comfortable temperature. The fireplace did not have a thermostat; after a few hours, the room was overhot and I had to turn it off. I turned it back on early in the morning. I guess I was the thermostat. I had tried the standard heater under the window, but it just blew cold air for 15 minutes.

The hotel claimed to have WiFi. It did and it worked fine.

The alarm clock had the correct time, but the microwave oven clock was 20 minutes off. The universal remote controlled the cable box, but it wasn't working for the television (I looked up the codes on the Internet and fixed it). These little things should be checked by housekeeping when preparing rooms.

This motel is right next to JeffCo Airport; I'm guessing it was built in the 70s. For years, it was probably the only lodging within miles of the airport, but that's no longer the case. There are far better places to choose in Interlocken (Broomfield), Westminster, and Louisville today. I do not recommend this property.

• Liked — The WiFi WOrked
  • Disliked — Room was frozen when I checked in.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank MetroTraveller
U.S.A.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

Made reservations online. I received reservation confirmation with a confirmation number, room description and all the paperwork I'd expect to receive. I was looking for a king bed (I'm tall) and most definitely a non-smoking room. Their rates were competitive and they were close to where I needed to stay.

I arrived at 6:30pm on the day I was to check-in and was told they had no record of my reservation. I showed my printed reservation which they acknowledged was theirs. I knew, from attempting to book rooms, that it was a difficult week to find a place to stay. They spent half an hour trying to locate a room as a replacement. I appreciate their effort.

However, they accepted a smoking room with tiny beds at another establishment as a replacement. It was an additional drive away (which I could live with) but left me in another place's room that stunk like a barmaid's blouse and had beds that barely supported my knees if I used the complete diagonal. (I have nothing against where they put me and therefore won't mention it. I just wouldn't have booked it on my own and don't consider it comparable reservations.) It also added another hour and a half to the wrong end of a very long day.

They might have great accommodations. Just make sure you can get in.

• Liked — Price, Integrity
  • Disliked — Oraganization, Understand their customers
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Anvils_R_Us
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2008

We stayed at the Hilltop this weekend, and it was wonderful. We got an excellent rate (cheaper than online) by booking it directly by phone, and Duncan, who runs the place could not be more congenial. The housekeeping staff was very cheerful and accommodating, and really seemed to enjoy working there.

This is the first hotel that made sure my requested roll away bed was already in the room when I arrived. The included breakfasts were delicious. They had all kinds of authentic british teas, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, and just about anything hot you could ask for... waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, bacon, eggs, omelets. They even cheerfully allowed me to take my plate back to my room so my 3 year old could finish his food later.

The room was beautiful. Large and clean. The carpet was cushy, and the gas fireplace added a lovely ambiance, as well as being a very efficient heater. The TV had an included DVD and VCR player in it so we could rent movies, and wireless internet was also free. It was delightful in every way.

The location was beautiful, and although it was near a small airport it had good access to malls, dining and shopping, and I didn't hear a plane... There is a small pond and plenty of wildlife. The inn has a beautiful garden area that is well kept and was filled with baby rabbits and squirrels much to my 3 year olds delight. We enjoyed every minute of staying in this inn and we will definitely go back should we travel that way again.

• Liked — It was beautiful and peaceful in every way.
  • Disliked — I loved it...
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Perrysburg, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2006

I was fantastically impressed with this Inn (note I said "Inn", not B&B). Friendly staff, big rooms, free high speed internet access, great breakfast, quiet, fantastic location. I can't wait to go back.

• Liked — Large room
  • Disliked — Some wear and tear
  • Tips/Secrets — It's now called the Hilltop Inn
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank jim3000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield
aloft Broomfield Denver
aloft Broomfield Denver
#5 of 7 in Broomfield
Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denve...
#2 of 14 in Greenwood Village
TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield
The Westin Westminster
The Westin Westminster
#4 of 19 in Westminster

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!