“British scene, music, and food great”

Hilltop Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Broomfield B&B and Inns
Westminster, Colorado
“British scene, music, and food great”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hilltop Inn rooms are comfortable. In the room there is a coffee maker, frig., microwave, and a nice big t.v.
The bath towels are nice and soft.
The pub has Irish music on Sunday nights at 7pm. The food is good, we had mash potato and cornbeef. Thank you. Rita Bennett

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank ilovetotravvel2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I was on an office trip and needed a relaxing place for my family. This place has a beautiful garden, restaurant, English breakfast, very friendly staff. Nice people. Reasonably priced. We liked it for sure............

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Neerajdab
Stockton, California
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Hilltop. I stayed for 5 nights in June/July 2013.

Check-in was smooth and easy, they even escorted me to my room and helped with my bags. The room was huge, gave me plenty of space to spread out my luggage! The room also had a mini-fridge and microwave and a desk area which was very useful for me.

I was commuting between Boulder and Aurora, so the location was ideal, being so close to the freeway. And some quality restaurants are just an exit down. But if you are around in the evenings, the pub on-site is a great place to relax! And on Sunday evenings, they have Irish music!

Breakfast was awesome (I do recommend the Granola that they bring in). They will cook pretty much anything for breakfast, the attendant even remembered my order after the 1st day.

Overall, I would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Megan M
Saint George
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Let me preface this review by saying that the owners are great people. The wife also underwent major surgery days before we arrived, so that may have something to do with the quality of the stay--but I don't think so. We stayed here because higher-quality-branded hotels were not available for a 6-day stay due to an architect convention in Denver. So, we thought we'd give it a shot since the reviews were better than average.
I am in a wheelchair, and I needed a handicap-accessible room, so we were booked into the Cortez room, the only unlt with "handicap-accessible features." The sink is separate from the bathroom, and is wheelchair friendly. The combined toilet and shower room is approximately 8 feet by 5 feet, and a large door swings inward. It is impossible to enter the bathroom in a wheelchair and shut the door, so no privacy is afforded for wheelchair users. There is also no room to park a wheelchair beside the toilet, so transferring may be difficult for some. The toilet is a Bemis Handicap toilet that is quite tall. For me, it was a little too tall. The raised “roll-in shower” is about 5 feet by 3 feet, has a 4-inch lip, and has a curved floor. This IS NOT a roll-in shower. I was unable to shower without assistance, and even then it was difficult to get in and out. The shower bench provided had no rubber feet, so it slid while transferring. The temperature of the water in the shower fluctuates from cold to hot and back to cold with little notice. One morning there was no hot water.
The housekeeping is very poor, and vacuuming, cleaning, and other activities were only performed if specifically requested. It was not unusual for beds to not be made, toilets not cleaned and the room not vacuumed. This is purely a straighten up, and change the towels out operation. The sheets were not changed during our stay. I thought if I left a generous tip, then more attention would be paid--it made no difference.
The room is in great need of a renovation. The comforter and decorative pillows appear to be non-washable, and the furniture is dated. The carpet is old and stained. The room was very large, so plenty of room for a wheelchair to maneuver.
The mattresses were older than the hotel itself, and were very uncomfortable. We overheard one guest asking if they forgot to put the mattress on the box spring.
We had to deal with moths in the room daily. We were not sure where they kept coming from, but we also noticed they were in the office and dining area.
The courtyard is very pretty, with a few rabbits and bunnies hopping around the grounds. They were fun to watch and were not a nuisance. There was also a Robin on the grounds with 3 recently-hatched babies. They were at eye level, so it was fun to watch their progress.
The hotel is in a beautiful, quiet area, is centrally located, is surrounded by pretty meadows, and provides quick access to Denver and Boulder.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be of similar quality and cleanliness.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great people own this and the food waqs great - everything made from scratch - yummy Cornish Pasties but the rooms are a little tired - place needs a reno although comfortable.
Biggest Con - smoking allowed outside the rooms so on the first floor we had to walk through the smoke to get to our room. The people who own the place are very helpful and friendly

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Cornish7Alberta
Taos, NM
Reviewed February 26, 2013

From the minute we called to book the room (which was just a few hours before we arrived), until checkout two days later, our stay was near perfect. The service was second to none, our room was spacious, comfortable, clean and quiet, the camaraderie with the other guests and staff made us feel like we were at a family reunion, the included breakfast was hot, fresh, delicious and filling, the coffee was excellent!, and the short walk to the 1st Bank Center all made for that elusive "we'll be back" experience. I can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank brainwax
Denver
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We've lived in Dever for 10 years and probably drove past the turn off for this place dozens of times but had no idea it was there. We heard about the whiskey paired dinners from some friends and decided to try it and stay the night even though we live only about a half hour away (whiskey and driving don't mix).

After an outstanding hosted dinner paired with amazing whiskey's and the wine and rum that had preceeded them into the barrels and night cap in the snug bar it was back to our large comfortable room. We loved how big, clean and well laid out it was and the fireplace was the perfect touch. The only way it could of been better was if they had extended the olde english abiance to the room decor.

We are looking for excuses to visit the restaurant more in the future and looking forward to excuses to stay at the end. Be sure to save time for breakfast and chat with each of the family members that work there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Konathedog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield
The Westin Westminster
#4 of 19 in Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!