“Decent Sandwich but overpriced”
Review of Meritage

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US 36
Transit: Interlocken & Eldorado
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Nice restaurant. Thought the menu was a bit overpriced for what you got. But, it is a resort and without a car--its tough to have other options.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

A very nice surprise to find a fair priced very good meal in a hotel! We ahd dinner and breakfast at Meritage. The staff was very friendly and attentive from start to finish, The breakfast was a very nice selection of custom cooked items for about $18.00...which appparently is a buffet on busy days. The fish and chicken entrees were very good. They also have excellent locally made ice cream. The menu includes items marked as gluten free...and they have gluten free bread at least for breakfast.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have fallen behind on writing reviews, and this is one I definitely should have written years ago! I love the Meritage! We discovered it five years ago during Taste of Denver. Their wine pairing dinner was delicious, and instantly made it the choice for birthday dinners for friends, family and anniversary dinners for me and my other half. The staff is very attentive and friendly, and we notice that the staff does not change that much. That tells me that the Omni probably takes pretty good care of their employees. They are very knowledgable on their wine selections, and can describe everything on the menu to you. They will also work to make your meal exactly what you want. If there is something listed that you cannot eat, they will happily substitute something else for you. They bring out fresh bread, which I usually eat with my dinner salad. Their dinner portions are just right. I LOVE thier sea bass with fingerling potatoes. I have ordered other things, but always come back the next time for the sea bass. I usually do not partake of dessert as I am diabetic, but always have their coffee after the meal...my friends and other half love their desserts...try to get a table by the fireplace...even in the Summer, it is the best place as you have the best views of the grounds. I love this place!!!
We were just there last month for my friend Phil's birthday...it was a great celebration! The next birthday is in September...such a long time away!

Thanks!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This restaurant closed at 10p so be timely. Jeff was my waiter and hesitant to make suggestion of any of the menu items. I decided to stick with the appetizers. The Crab Cake, Charcuterie plate and the red wine flight were all enjoyable.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a nice meal here for our anniversary. Especially nice was the wine flight. I chose Sauvignon blanc and was given 3 delicious options for $18. My husband ordered the scallop entrée which was served with a pasta concoction with several types of olives, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and a pesto sauce. The pasta was very unique and good and the scallops were excellent! We ordered a side of yukon mashed potatoes which were simply yummy. I ordered the filet which came with spinach and a ravioli. The ravioli didn't really add anything to my meal and I could have done without it. The spinach was very good. I think my steak must have been mislabeled because it definitely wasn't filet, too tough and stringy. Our server checked in with us as soon as we got our meals but never returned (probably my only complaint) so I didn't have an opportunity to complain until they came to clear our plates. The server was very apologetic and indicated he would have remade the steak had I said something. Instead he removed the entire meal from our bill. I'm a firm believer that mistakes will happen, we are all human, so it is the response that counts. I felt they handled this issue extremely well. And on top of that we ordered dessert which they comp'd for our anniversary, complete with a "happy anniversary" chocolate garnishment. A nice touch. We would definitely return if we are in the area again.