“Good but....”
Review of Village Tavern

Village Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 191 Restaurants in Broomfield
Cross street: RTD/Flatirons
Lyons, Colorado, Usa
“Good but....”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food and bar are great. The atmosphere is very loud and the service is rushed because they are more interested in turning a table than letting the patrons sit and relax. Not good when you are paying premium prices.

Visited November 2013

Colorado
“Great meal and ambiance”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed dinner here recently. My husband's steak was really good. I had mussels and speghett squash with zucchini. This place is so good and gas been here for years. Also grear for a pre or post shopping/movie happy hour

Estado de Mexico, Mexico
“Fairly good”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very popular with locals.
Service was very good.
Our dinner good.
The place is nice.
Ambiance good.
A few steps from the Flatiron Mall.

• Visited November 2013
denver
“Decent Meal, Service and Food have slipped”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I often eat at the Village Tavern when I am in the Boulder corridor on Highway 36. I could always count of decent steaks, burgers and chops and top service. I was there earlier this week and was quite disappointed actually.

Three of us, with a server obviously at the end of a long shift who peaked several hours earlier. Did really not want to wait on us or anybody, short answers to questions on the Menu or sometimes just one word. No specials that night and told us what they were out of on the dinner menu and on the dessert menu (several things it seemed, more than should have been on a typical Thursday evening). I thought we would be murdered when we did order dessert, such a disdainful look, yikes.

I had prime rib which came out about right, except being obviously colder than normal because it was not just brought out timely. Another friend said the same thing about her tepid cheeseburger. The hit of the night was our other friends' trout which was quite good actually. Side salads were functional but not quite up to the standards of places like this; hillstone, bandera, cherry creek grille, houstons, etc.

I have to talk about the carrot cake too, it tried to be good but was warmed, kind of into a gooey mess, so not evenly warmed. And to top it off the oddest thing I had ever seen, raw carrot shavings on top of the warmed (attempted anyway) icing on the carrot cake. Not just little pieces of carrot shavings, big ones at room temperature or slightly cold right on top of the warm frosting. And odd unappetizing mess, this is done so perfectly at JAlexandars (warm carrot cake that is) so it is sad to see this, did anyone ever taste this this way that works there, if they did they would immediately know.

Not sure I can recommend this place going forward any more, it is too bad when a staple restaurant goes sadly rogue to the point of no return.

• Visited November 2013
Longmont, Colorado
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Very romantic table by the very generous fireplace. Amazing appetizers, that we had as our main courses.
We have been here many times and they never disappoint.
The ambience is very cozy and lovely.
I highly recommend it.
The hostess could have been a bit friendlier but that was all.

Visited November 2013