“Love this place!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Broomfield
“Love this place!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

First of all, let me say that the pizza is excellent. My wife and I are regulars at Originals and have always enjoyed our meals. We usually have the pizza, but have also shared pasta, Eggplant Parmesan, and other Italian delights. The staff is another reason to dine here. Ralph is a little surly at times, but that just adds to the ambiance. True New York style food and service! If you don't enjoy eating here, you should never bother to visit the Big Apple for pizza.

• Visited February 2014

“Go for the food!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I am a Broomfield local and have been coming to Original Pizza for years. The sauce is some of the best you will ever have. The lunch pasta special with plain spaghetti and meatballs is mouthwatering. Also, some of the best homemade blue cheese dressing with marinated tomatoes on the salad. This is the real deal, owned by first generation Italians who came from Naples. Their grown daughters now help them run the restaurant and they are very sweet. Ralph is the owner and he takes some time to get to know. A little rough at first, but I do believe he has a heart of gold. And, you just have to understand his sense of humor. We don't go to a restaurant to be coddled, we go to eat authentic great food. This is it!! This business is very community oriented. They give a lot back to Broomfield itself. Salt of the earth people. I choose to support that.

• Visited January 2014
Golden, Colorado
“Love New York Style Pizza? This Place Is For You!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I discovered this place a few years ago. Not exactly easy to find, but once I did, I get lunch here every time I'm in Broomfield.

Excellent pizza: great crust, baked to perfection with generous toppings. They have a reasonably priced 2-slice lunch special with drink Just great.

Be sure to try the Antipasto salad. They way they make it, it's a work of art. Lots of greens, generous amounts of sliced cheese, salami, black olives and chopped tomatoes.

I'm amused by the comments terming owner Ralph "rude." Ralph just doesn't suffer fools well. Once you get to know him and his wife Carmela, it's obvious they care a great deal about serving quality food and are warm, friendly people.

Original New York Pizza Style Pizza is truly one of those great little independent restaurants that make you glad you found it and want to tell everyone about it.

• Visited January 2014
Boulder
“Not Rude...just different!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'm from New England and my family and I eat here frequently. I don't find the staff to be rude, just misunderstood. They love to joke around in their own way that some people don't understand. We do. We love the family atmosphere, the wonderful menu choices and we don't mind waiting. Relax and enjoy a fun affordable family meal out or if you don't like waiting...call ahead and take it home to enjoy!

• Visited November 2013
Denver
“Worth the Headache?”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've been here a few times for carry-out and never dined in. I can't decide if the pizza is good enough for the anger it causes me. The reviews about attitude are true. Each time there has been an issue. I try to not speak to minimize any chance of being insulted. It hasn't worked. I don't think being from New York is a good reason to rude. I wish I could order online and not speak to any of their employees upon pickup. If it could just be placed on the counter that would be great. Or hire friendly staff and cook for your friends who enjoy being insulted at home while the newly hired pleasant staff can exchange a pizza for a credit card or cash without ruining the customers day. I think I am leaning towards not worth it, but I'm sure I'll be back because its good. Cruel fate.

• Visited August 2013