“Polite and Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel

Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Broomfield
Westminster, Colorado
“Polite and Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed two nights here after my vacation and before closing on my new home. As a Gold Marriott member, I was supposed to have free wi-fi but when I went to log-in it was telling me it would charge me. So as I headed out to dinner, I stopped by the front desk to inquire about it. The gal at the front desk was polite and explained everything to me on how that worked. I was very happy with the explanation and polite manner in which it was relayed.

On the last morning, I went to the restaurant for breakfast as it was part of my stay. I needed it to go and the staff was again polite and helpful in getting me a big box to put whatever I wanted in it from the buffet as well as gave me to go utinsels to take with me.

It was a very nice room, great view, well appointed and comfortable. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Where2Next74
RenaissanceBldr, Director of Sales at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for your kind review of our hotel. We do pride ourselved on our customer service, so I am so glad to hear that you experienced what we always strive for. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel itself is huge and may not be so appealing from the outside, but once you enter it is a gem. The lobby has great appeal. I did not have time to check out all the amenities. One of the best appointed hotel rooms I have ever stayed. The rooms are really large with memorable wallpaper (not your usual kind!), comfortable bed with crisp white linens, including the comforter cover. Nice large and well-lit shower/tub. A bit tight on the one-sink vanity. It has a separate bar to make coffee/tea. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: One the 9th floor!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceBldr, Director of Sales at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you like our newly renovated sleeping rooms and lobby - we like them too! Thanks.
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Among Renaissance properties, this is one of the nicer ones. The rooms are comfortable. large and modern....with spectacular views. The parking is all out front (versus in an attached parking garage) so depending on the weather and how far away you are parked, this may be a pain. Also, the big negative for me is excessively priced food and drink. The lodging and service is top notch, but if you are trying to eat sensibly priced fare, go to the nearby mall area for chain restaurants or go into Boulder up the road for some unique local food. There is also a coffee bar in the lobby for snacks and coffee, adjacent to a huge and comfortable lobby with fireplaces. Next time I'm in the area I will likely seek an all inclusive property (lodging with included breakfast) but if you are looking for lodging for a special event night or something, the rest of the hotel is really nice and close to many other services (restaurants/shopping).

Room Tip: ask for mountain view!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your candid comments about your stay with us. Please do remember that we offer some very affprdable weekend rates that do include breakfast - please simply go to our website and check under the packages tab. Thank you.
Vail, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were clean and the decor was beautiful. Views from our room were spectacular. All of the staff members we encountered during our stay were polite, friendly and always willing to help.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor in room 923 and the views were great!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking to comment on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit and definitely hope to see you back again soon!
colorado springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great location for shopping with spacious rooms. Bar pricing was too high for what you receive - ordered 2 basic drinks and a cheese plate (3 slices of cheese cut in half, some crackers, cluster of grapes with a mustard dip) and bill was $32 dollars. My husband and I were celebrating a special milestone birthday therfore I requested a room with a view if possible and asked if the hotel did anything for such special occasions. Front desk associate informed me that they do and she will have champagne/strawberries sent up after we arrive compliments of the hotel. To say the least, our room overlooked the dumpsters and the amenity was never delivered. Not the best visit.

1 Thank sis1988
RenaissanceBldr, Director of Sales at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us and we sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been passed on to the Front Desk to ensure that we do better the next time. Thank you.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed in an Executive Suite and it was a beautiful room. The bedroom overlooked the mountains through a full wall of windows with a TV tucked into the footboard. The living area was spacious and the shower was huge and wonderful. I was disappointed that there was only a shower though - no tub in this room. My husband loved the firm bed, but I like a lot more plush than this.

The service was outstanding. They really went out of their way to ensure our stay was great and we had everything we needed. Room service was quick and the steak was one of the best we've had in Denver. Skip the crab cakes though.

The location is in the middle of Flat Irons mall. It's a cute location. They have surface lot parking, but do offer a valet. I would definitely stay again. It was a good value and the people really made our stay amazing.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room - the view is well worth the upgrade cost.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that we met your expectaions and look forward to be welcoming you back in the future! Thanks.
Lander
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a great hotel, with a lot of possibility, a great pool, beautiful lobby and delicious restaurant. Location was perfect for shopping - everything within walking distance. Unfortunately, we had to change rooms 3 times to finally get one where the air conditioning worked. We were even directed by maintenance to "complain" so that something would be done to replace the units. We were told not to turn the thermostat down because it would freeze up. When we did (because we were HOT), it did freeze up and we had to deal with constant maintenance to fix it. It didn't work so we changed rooms only to find the same problem. We finally got upgraded to a beautiful business sweet where everything worked. It was worth it to stay there in the end, but the hassles we went through make me not want to stay until they're air conditioners get replaced. A winter trip would probably be perfect.

Room Tip: Go for the business suite - its HUGE and perfect for families.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceBldr, Director of Sales at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us this past summer. We really appreciate both the positive and negative comments, and sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced with the AC units. We are working to correct this problem, and hope that you do have the opportunity to stay with us again and have a 100% positive experience!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield
Boulder Marriott
Boulder Marriott
#12 of 19 in Boulder
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder

Been to Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel? Share your experiences!