“Quiet and Close”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Broomfield
Bennington, Nebraska
“Quiet and Close”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The suites are somewhat small, but have everythjing needed for an extended stay. I was on the 3rd floor and heard no noise above, below or beside me. The place is a little off of the beaten path, which makes it quiet. Don't expect much for the continental breakfast; just basic bottled juices, cereals, yogurt and fruit, plus coffee. There really is not anywhere to walk other than to the mall and surrounding businesses. There are places to sit outside, but they reek of cigarret butts which don't seem to get cleaned up. There is a nice walking path on one side of the building. My first night, I was taken back by the smell of a full garbage can in what might have been a nice outdoor patio area with a great view of the foothills. The second night, the can was still full and smelled worse. The third night, the can had been opened, and n the last day, garbage was strewn all over the area. Out of sight - out of mind? There nice view of the foothills is only from the parking lot. Few of the rooms actually look out that direction. The staff were helpful and courteous, not somehting that you can say about a lot of places these days. I gave it a very good rating just because of the value for the money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Utah
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed at this property January 13th-15th. I reserved three suites for our family attending a wedding in the area. the rooms were quite adequate and the small kitchen was appreciated. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was sufficient, with cold sereal, muffins, oatmeal. and juice, yogurt and fruit. The property is VERY close to a Walmart and the freeway. I would stay there again if I needed the room.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 11, 2012

First, the positives:
Check In time is 3pm and they allowed us to check in early. Check out was also very easy - bill delivered under the door on the last night, dropped keys at the desk on the way out (pretty standard). Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. Room (2 bedroom, one bath) was spacious enough for five people (two adults and three kids) as long as you put the sofabed back together every morning ;). Location is pet-friendly, yet we never saw "evidence" of pets outside in the landscaping. Room and hallways were always very quiet, even though we were right next to the elevator. Water pressure/showerhead was fantastic! Easy access to the freeway and many restaurants/attractions. Views were great. Parking was ample. Free in-room wi-fi. Fitness center looked great, although we didn't actually use it. One big positive that I can appreciate - we ran into the maintenance man on property three or four times during our stay and he always made a point to say hello and acknowledge us! You don't always find that kind of customer service.

And now, the negatives:
Except for check in, there didn't seem to be anyone EVER in the lobby at the desk. Considering their lobby was unlocked 24/7 and had direct access to room hallways, I found this somewhat disappointing. The "room key" entrance lock in the lobby was not operational in our building the entire stay, meaning anyone can come and go without notice. Cleanliness left much to be desired: dust on the back of the sofa sleeper hadn't been vacummed in a long time; carpets were dirty around the edges/separated at wall edges in more than one place; dried urine on the back of the toliet where the lid attaches; dust/hair bunnies behind the doors in the bathroom; kitchen utensils were dirty; burners on stove were not properly replaced after cleaning; numerous stains of unknown origin on fronts of appliances and bedroom furniture; parts of the window (not sure which part) laying in the window sill. Extra towels were not in the room at check in as we requested. Their breakfast was definitely continental as advertised, but very much lacked in adequate offerings of even those things - cream cheese for bagels was non-existent one day; milk was never cold and the juice was always room temp.

Bottom line:
Would we stay there again? Probably not. I realize that this is the low end of the Marriott locations, but it showed. As a usual Residence Inn customer, I was disappointed in general. I expect more from the Marriott line, no matter the budget. For our family stay, it was not up to par. Could it work for others, maybe.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie719
Spearfish, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The two room suite that I booked for me and 5 other people was very spacious. There is a full kitchen, two rooms and a living room with a pull out sofa bed. The views are gorgeous. It has a nice central location and is located right by Flatirons Mall, which was a very nice mall. There is plenty of dining near here, and it's easy to navigate to get to Boulder and Westminster. The staff was friendly and willing to help us with any questions we had or replacements for our room. Brought extra blankets up very quickly. The area is not as busy as other parts of Denver/Boulder. I would stay here again in an instant.

Room Tip: Ask for a two-room queen suite or a room with a view!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for New Years and was charged a $250 smoking fee without notice. When I called about the charge and told them that I was not smoking in the room, they basically called me a liar and refused to refund the money. After much back and forth, the manager, JoDee, finally went to the room to check for a smoke smell. When she discovered that they were mistaken and the room didn't smell like smoke, she was completely unapologetic. I was treated with disrespect by JoDee and treated like a child. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jordan H
Westminster, CO
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I have stayed here (and had family stay here) several times. The management and staff has always treated me very well.
It's a nice gesture that they give me a welcome gift when I arrive.
You are very close to shopping and services. Within walking distance.
Decent prices and you get a kitchenette in your room too (which my parents really love). The rooms are always very clean.
They always manage to upgrade me to a Suite. Last time I was there, they upgraded me to a 2-bedroom suite. That's a good value.
The only caution is that the rooms are packed in a little tight, and if you have a noisy neighbor, you'll hear them. This is not a luxury hotel, and it seems that some folks staying for more than a few days can be slobs.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again. My family from out of town insists on staying here due to their prior experience with this hotel.

Room Tip: room on a higher floor facing West for mountain views.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank valor155
jacksonville, alabama
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Towneplace for 6 nights and used it as our base for sightseeing. This hotel is within easy walking distance to two malls (one indoor, one outdoor), tons of restaurants, a movie theater, and a walmart. The room was exceptionally clean in my opinion, and I always do an inspection when I first get to my hotel room. It's not a brand new facility, so there were a few imperfections, but none that I thought were bad. We had a suite with a queen bed, a nice little kitchen, and a sitting area with a couch and chair and desk. This is an extended stay hotel so there were quite a few people living there I think (students and business men, not bums!). In my opinion, it is a GREAT value for the money. From here, we were only about 20 minutes from Boulder (it's not in Boulder, as the name might lead you to think), 20 minutes to downtown Denver, an hour from Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Park, 45 minutes to the airport, Golden is nearby (we love Golden), Mt. Evans, about 1.5 hours away, and Summit County is a day trip from here (Breckenridge, Frisco City, Copper Mountain, Dillon).
Breakfast was bananas, apples, bagels, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, and packaged muffins and cereal bars. Adequate unless you require a more hearty breakfast.
If you happen to be in the area in the next week or so (October 5 - 12) you cannot miss the aspens on the way to Mt. Evans. The top of Mount Evans is already closed, but the drive up to Echo Lake is unbelievable. If you are there now, don't miss it! Beautiful! We love Colorado, and will go back again and again, and stay at Towneplace Suites if we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alabamagirl2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield
Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel
aloft Broomfield Denver
aloft Broomfield Denver
#5 of 7 in Broomfield
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
Residence Inn Boulder Louisville
Quality Inn Louisville - Boulder

Been to TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield? Share your experiences!