“Big disappointment”

ZO Sushi and Thai
Ranked #122 of 193 Restaurants in Broomfield
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Near the corner of Sheridan Boulevard and 120th Street (US 287)
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We ate at Zo Sushi and Thai because of the good reviews, but were sorely disappointed.

First there was a dish rag smell from the table top, but the waitress was very nice and sprayed it with a cleaner, which fixed the problem.

My wife ordered a Japanese salad, which was just lettuce with ginger dressing. She liked it. I ordered a Thai salad, which was much bigger and came with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and chicken, with a peanut dressing. It was pretty good.

My wife ordered an eel and avocado roll, which she liked and I didn't. Then we ordered Pad Thai with shrimp and beef ka-pow, which they called graprao. The ka-pow was very light on beef and full of vegetables. I thought it was OK, while my wife liked it better. The worst part of the meal was the Pad Thai. My wife tasted it and thought it was awful and wouldn't eat any more. I tried it and thought it was just fair, so I kept eating it. After finishing most of it, I came across an awful taste, which was what my wife tasted right from the beginning. It tasted like something spoiled. That was it for me. Even if it had been good, there were only five shrimp in the entire dish.

The service was very nice, but the food was substantially sub-par, so we won't give them another try.

There are newer reviews for ZO Sushi and Thai

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Best sushi place in the area. They have great sushi that isn't over empowered with a ball of rice. Also, excellent happy hour pricing. Love seeing their smiling faces every time we come in.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is our favorite sushi and Thai place in Broomfield. The sushi is fresh and well made. My husband loves the Tai food here.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

They have a HUGE menu selection with sushi, japanse, and thai entrees.

Their thai offerings are especially great. Every single curry I've tried has been delicious. The noodles are good too. For something new, try their potato curry.

The only thing I've noticed is that the sushi quality can sometimes vary a little, even though I order the same 3 or 4 types of rolls. It's always worth it, but sometimes it's been amazing while other times it's just good.

Try some thai donuts or sticky rice for dessert.

Service is always great. Very underrated place. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We frequent this restaurant several times a month and have it delivered to our home occasionally as well. We are never disappointed by the food or the service. The sushi is incredibly fresh and they are always coming up with new rolls to try. The Thai food is also really good; can't go wrong with the Tom Kha soup or any of the curries.

1  Thank WAFamilyTravel