“Beware! Laptop stolen out of room!!”

aloft Broomfield Denver
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Broomfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vail, Colorado
“Beware! Laptop stolen out of room!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

when we checked in...the system was down and they weren't able to issue keys. we waited in lobby for an hour....2 kids, a dog...we were tired.....they said since we requested a room w/ 2 queens...they couldn't see which rooms had that bed set up and was available in their system...BUT, they could see king rooms....HUH???? so, the only way we were going to stay there that night was to be put in two king rooms...across the hall from one another- it was close to 7pm by now and we were tired, hungry and ready to relax. Oh, and by the way, they won't be able to have a key issued, the hotel employees would have to let us in and out of our room. People were backed up and the front desk was a mess. We took our two rooms...had to put the little silver lock thing in the door to keep it open to be able to pass back and forth to see the other half of our family....finally, we shut the door, went to dinner....in the morning realized my laptop was missing. I didn't have a key to my room! an employee could get into it though and clearly knew when I was not inside cause they didn't let me in!!!!! the perfect crime. Front desk/staff were aloof to my calls in the morning to report theft....called the police myself after 4 attempts to get a supervisor hotel member was ignored. The general manager STILL hasn't called me back and it's Thursday (we checked out Sunday). The system was down! the key system wasn't working! The assistant manager called to say that he did not see anyone going into my room while I was out to dinner.....well, that's comforting since the system was DOWN and they had to reset the system on Sunday to get it working again. Not very confident to the accuracy of the assistant general manager's assessment.

I've had that computer for two years and stay in hotels at least twice a month....usually more. Never been a problem...until I encountered this hotel. Stay away...much safer places to stay in Broomfield.

My case was assigned an investigator with the Broomfield police.....besides the monetary value....it's the memories, pictures, contacts, documents that won't be replaced. No - I hadn't backed it up for over 4 months. Yes, shame on me....that certainly won't happen again.....and it's back to the Omni Hotel in Broomfield for us!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Fleming Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

The Aloft is located in a great area, between Boulder and Denver. It is quiet and peaceful. We used it as our base to go to Boulder, Denver, Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, Red Rocks etc. It is a very fun, energetic place to stay. It is clean and very refreshing. Every space of the room is used wisely. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was a pretty new property in a developing area of town. The staff here was very nice and friendly and the property is extremely pet friendly as well. We loved this hotel and were treated great by the staff. I would highly recommend this place as it was also a quiet and peaceful location. The bed was extremely comforatable too.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

My friend and I spent 4th of July weekend in the Boulder area - we wanted a room with 2 queens so we picked the Aloft because they had 2 queens and a great price. Upon arrival, they told us they only had a room with a king bed available - because the "central office had overbooked them". It was late, there was nothing we could do and I'd pre-paid the room. No refunds and they never made any attempt to contact me ahead of time.

There were a lot of kids so if you're a family, it'd be a good bargain and fun for the kids. It's located in Broomfield, about 15 minute drive from Boulder. It's a trade off - lower hotel bill but more of a commute. It's rather clean and modern but it's in an odd place - not much around.

Overall, I was upset with how they handled the situation. If a guest books a room with 2 beds and pay ahead of time - there's no reason not to hold that room. Just unacceptable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

A friend and I booked the aloft Broomfield hotel because it was located close to Boulder, and offered a great deal for the Fourth of July holiday. I had stayed at the aloft by Chicago O'Hare airport and enjoyed my time there. We specifically booked the aloft because we were able to prepay for two queen beds in one room. Imagine our displeasure when we arrived to find out that the hotel did not have the double beds as requested and we would have to share a king bed. We had prepaid for the room, so there was not much else we could do. The hotel was overbooked, as was typical of a holiday weekend, going else where was not an option. If the hotel knew they would not be able to honor our request, they could have easily contacted us prior to arrival -- nothing was done, besides, sorry you're out of luck when we arrived.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Paradise Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

this aloft hotel is well designed and a very good value. The rooms are not large but are well designed, well appointed, and very functional. Design of hotel is contemporary appealing to younger generations, but is suitable to all. Service is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

Cleanliness: The hotel appeared brand new during our stay in September 2009.
Location: We were in-town for the CU-Boulder game. It was a bit disappointing when we learned there was no shuttle service to/from Boulder and the nearest taxi would take 45 minutes. The hotel is equally far from Denver, probably 20 minutes or so by car. I believe the hotel specifically caters to business travelers visiting industry in Broomfield.
Rooms: The rooms have very large flat panel TVs which are very cool. The bathroom and shower had a very European look and feel. It reminded of a European Sofitel.
Service: The lobby has pool tables, disco tech style music playing, a few lounge areas to mingle, and a full service bar that open-up after "5:00 p.m.?" We only stayed the night so we did not use any of the services or amenities other than for an early a.m. wake-up call.
Value: We used SPG Award points. Unless the rate was extremely good I'd probably stay elsewhere as there are a lot of brand hotel options between Denver/Boulder.
Sleep Quality: Very good.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield
Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel
The Westin Westminster
The Westin Westminster
#5 of 19 in Westminster
TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster
SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster

Been to aloft Broomfield Denver? Share your experiences!