“Hip hotel near Broomfield”

aloft Broomfield Denver
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Broomfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hubby had to be in the Broomfield area of Denver, and so we decided to have a "staycation" and since we had never stayed at any Aloft Hotel, decided to check this place out.

I arrived before the hubs since he was involved with work. This hotel is a little "off the beaten track", so to speak. Kind of an underdeveloped area. There were several apartment buildings around it, but not too many retail establishments. As someone else here stated, it looks like the developers wanted to make it a town center and then ran out of money and had to stop. Seems like I noticed a pizza parlor and maybe an ice cream store? Not much beyond that.

Went to lobby to check in, very nice, clean, modern looking lobby with a small bar to the opposite side. There was a pool table and lounging area that was very nice looking. Check in went fine, the desk clerk was friendly. Here comes my only complaint with customer service, and I have to admit it is my fault. I had 2 very large heavy bags and a laptop bag with me and asked for a cart since they have no bell person to help with luggage, they directed me to the carts, and I went to my car to retrieve my bags. I am not a strong person and I was struggling with my bags. Once I got back to the lobby I'm sure it was obvious I was struggling to keep control of the cart and bags, no one offered to help me, but in total fairness, it wasn't their fault I had large heavy luggage, and I didn't ask for help, which is totally my fault, but would have been nice if they had a bell person to deal with luggage.

Got to the room, very nicely appointed in a modern style. When making the reservation I had requested the 5th floor and a mountain view which we got which was nice. Personally I really liked the room even though it was a little small. Hubby on the other hand when he arrived thought it was TOO SMALL, so he wasn't as impressed as I was. Room clean, bed comfy. Shower products were nice. Liked the dispensers in the shower. Cool idea.

Hubby and I went out to eat, had to drive a little way since as I noted there isn't a lot around it, but when we returned had a few drinks at the bar. Drinks were nice, service friendly and efficient.

Overall, I liked this hotel, hubby not as much. Only negative, location.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftBroomfield8300, Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review.

I am glad to here that you enjoyed your stay. Your attention to detail in how th Aloft brand has attempted a warm, modern, and efficient space for fun is exactly what we are going for.

I hope you continue to stay with Starwood and make aloft's "your" brand.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel seemed fairly new. The room was set up nicely. There was a stand up shower that you could easily fit two people in. The shower had the dispenser for the shampoo which was very nice. There were lights and outlets in all the right places. The lobby was very modern with a nice bar. There is a small indoor pool too. The location was in a tech area and there were some apartments around the area too. Restaurants and shops were about 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We really appreciate your feedback, thank you for sharing. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our hotel's amenities fit your needs well for a relaxing visit. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to provide you with another exceptional stay. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at aloft Broomfield for two nights, because I could not get into the Hyatt House Broomfield, which is located very close, just across Route 36 and one exit away. I have stayed at several of the Broomfield hotels (including the Omni Interlochen, the Hyatt House, and the Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel), and I think that the Hyatt House is the hands down winner, although children will love the Omni's pools. Aloft is one year old, and the Hyatt House is probably a little newer. Aloft's rooms seemed a touch bigger, but have none of the suite amenities that the Hyatt House has (full kitchen with refrig., stove, dishwasher, toaster, microwave); Aloft's pool is smaller, and the exercise rooms are pretty comparable. Aloft has complimentary coffee in the morning, but nothing else on offer. Hyatt House at least has free continental breakfast. Most of the time, I think aloft's rates are a little higher than the Hyatt House. What you get at aloft is the hip decor, the platform bed, and the tinted glass divider between the shower and the rest of the room. The service was fine at aloft.

Both of these hotels are plunked down in brand-new, upscale apartment/condo complexes that are in the process of being built out. Both hotels have a pervasive feeling of being in the midle of nowhere, and you have to drive (or take hotel shuttle) to any restaurant. Right now, there is extensive construction on the Broomfield exits on Route 36, and traffic makes it challenging to actually reach these two hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DavidBradley

Thank you for your review!

There are definite differences between aloft and Hyatt House. Aloft is a select service and the Hyatt house is an extended stay. Starwood has a brand that is similar to Hyatt House called the Element so if you are ever in a place where you can decide, take a look at the Element brand you may be surprised!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for five nights recently. Overall, not my cup of tea.

Their website refers to them as the area's "hippest" hotel. While that may appeal to some people, it did not meet my expectations at all. First, the minimalist furniture. No draws to put clothing in; very limited hanger space and an uncomfortable platform bed. I don't see how this place can be good for families when I barely had enough room to hang and store my clothes. And I was traveling by myself!

They claim they are 20 minutes from downtown Denver. I don't know about that, but I will say that this hotel is about 35 to 40 minutes from DIA and out in the middle of nowhere! You really need a rental car if you are staying here. I didn't realize that and my round trip taxi fare from DIA, including tolls and tips, was $224.00!

The only place to walk to get any food was a mediocre pizza place called Proto's. There is an in-room room service menu, but the food was only mediocre, plus there is a $15 minimum order and a $3.50 delivery charge. Oh and there is a coffee shop across the street if you want a specialized coffee.

There is a light menu at the bar, which I did not know about until my last night there. When I checked in late on Sunday night, I asked if the restaurant was still open. The check-in agent told me there was no restaurant but it would have been nice if he had told me that while it was too late then, a light food menu was available at the bar.

The staff was friendly and helpful. My room was cleaned but I did notice that the whole time I was there, the carpets in my room were never vacuumed. I also noticed the hallways were never vacuumed the whole time I was there as there were what looked like crumbs in the hallway in the same spot every day.

This hotel was definitely not to my liking. If you like to be in a "hip" hotel, this is the place for you. But if you want to stay somewhere where you can unpack completely, and hang up your clothes with enough room to do so, and have a restaurant on premises, then stay somewhere else. I know if I ever come back to this area, I will.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tonypct
AloftBroomfield8300, Front Office Manager at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you posting you review. We apologize that you were not informed that our bar has a small menu on Sundays as well as Chefs Specials Monday-Thurs. We also provide shuttle service anywhere within a 5 mile radius for other dining and entertainment options. We would love the opportunity to make your next stay more suitable for you! We hope to see you in the future !

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was my first time staying at Aloft. I stayed for two nights. I had an excellent stay at Aloft Broomfield. The room was very clean, and accommodations were excellent including free shuttle service to near by businesses, salt swimming pool (saline) that was 89 degrees warm, fitness center that had both cardio, free weights and nautilus equipment. Free bottled water in the room along with refrigerator were helpful also. The front desk staff was very accommodating including Marc, Diana - assistant general manager, and Devin, the housemen. Breakfast was good also and allowed for flexibility in choice. I would definitely recommend this property and will stay at Aloft for future trips. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarah S
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. It is great to hear you enjoyed your first stay with us and found our associates to be both helpful and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to the Denver and Broomfield areas. Thanks again and take care.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Unique Ikea inspired rooms. Good bathroom space with shower only, but the shower is large. How often does anyone have a bath in a hotel tub anyway. Beds are firm and not the same as found in Sheraton and Westin of the same Starwood group. Firm but still a good nights rest. The rooms feel large as space is well used and there a lots of places to put your things! In room refigerator is great for families!
Location is a little bit out of the way but the great lobby with free pool table and board games makes a great place to unwind with kids. The pool is nice with good large lounging chairs. It appears the hotel allows swimming lessons during the day. This is not a great feature as it is not very quiet for relaxing and your own kids will have to navigate around the lessons...the pool is not huge. Evens and early mornings are fine for the pool though.
Onsite food and refreshements are available with free coffee in the morning. Nice touch at reasonable prices.
Free wi-fi in the whole hotel. Thank you!
Having a guest laundry on the fifth floor is a nice touch for traveling families as well. Free parking is always a bonus too!
The area is a little bit sparse and is being newly developed. There are a pizza place, TCBY and Mrs. Fields within one block. Outside of that be prepared to drive. Pizza delivery seems to be a popular choice for dining.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor facing east look out over the buildings pool roof with air conditioning un...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark M

Thank you for your 4 star review ! We are so happy you had an amazing stay with your family ! On your next stay with us , make sure you take advantage of our free shuttle service that can take you and your family to local restaurants, movie theaters and even Dave & Busters ! We look forward to your next stay with us !

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights in June. The hotel is nice and clean. I guess I don't like the concept of this hotel line. Trying to be European style hotel ( almost a retro type property ) small rooms, minimum furniture etc. good location as far as close to both Denver and Boulder. The area around hotel is still being developed and is sort of ugly around it. If this does not matter to you than it is ok. Just was not crazy about it. The staff was nice and it was clean and new. Just too small of rooms and don't like the theme of the hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Broomfield Denver, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and thank you for sharing. We understand our modern, chic hotel is not for everyone, but our team strives to provide each of our guests with an exceptional stay and we are pleased to hear our associates made your stay enjoyable. Thank you again for your review and take care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
3 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Broomfield Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
Denver Marriott Westminster
#2 of 20 in Westminster

Been to aloft Broomfield Denver? Share your experiences!