“Wildflowers English Tea Room is a Great Place to Enjoy Tea with Friends”

Wildflowers Tea Room
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wadsworth Blvd.
Description: Wildflowers Tea Room is seasonal and serves High Tea during the Holiday Season (December). Please visit the Burns Pub for Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays and full scratch made menu, Tuesday through Sunday.
Mobile, Alabama
“Wildflowers English Tea Room is a Great Place to Enjoy Tea with Friends”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I've been to many different places to have English Tea / High Tea around the world, and this was a great place that I found on the Internet.

It has a small room that will accommodate I'd say between 30-40 people. There is also a garden room that can be reserved for special events like showers, birthdays,etc.

The decor is rustic and all around you have tea pots and tea cups on different shelves all around the restaurant.

It is the first time that I had scones that were "round"...and that is English tradition way to have your scone along with the Devonshire cream and jam, of course.

We chose the High Tea Menu so here what we had: Selection of teas, homemade scone, homemade soup or salad and finger sandwiches along with hors d'oeuvres. We also had to choose between Champagne or sparkling cider...and we enjoy delicious bite-size desserts.

If you'd like to have tea there, reservation is a must since all is made the same day depending on the amount of people coming in. They can accommodate some allergies issues, so please call them to be sure what they can do for you.

The service was amazing and we felt like home...We relaxed while having tea and delicious food.

The garden outside was welcoming.

I would definitely go back for tea and might as well stay a night...enjoy the live music happening at night (call for nights of entertainment).

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank sweethummingbird

“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Booked the Afternoon Tea, decent selection of teas, the scones were very good and the mix of savory and sweet on the tea tower was very nice. Definitely worth making the reservation for this.

Denver
“Mother's Day bust”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We took our Mother to Wildflowers Tea Room on Mother's Day. I made a reservation a few weeks out for their high tea. When I had to call to change the reservation I spoke with a man name John. He wasn't very helpful and I pretty much felt like I was an inconvenience to them. After a second call, because he asked me to call back, and talking to someone else I got the reservation moved back, which I appreciated their accommodation. We arrived on time on the snowy Colorado Mother's Day. There were 3 tables of guests in the dining room when we walked in, not too busy as the other half of the room was empty. We stood for what seemed like minutes...with out being greeted. As a teenager I was a hostess, so this really annoys me. First impressions are everything...fail. Second, the place is nice and cozy but things are old and worn. (Which may or may not be your thing.) Finally we were greeted by a gentlemen. He wasn't rather warm or welcoming. He told us to wait a minute and then pointed to the table we would sit at...are you kidding me, your not even going to take us to our table...Second fail. So we sit and the British woman comes over to tell us about the high tea options and get our tea order. All sounds lovely. She brings us scones. We wait a few minutes and no water or tea comes. Finally I grabbed the younger girl asking for anything to drink. She apologized that the tea had not come yet and promptly took care of us. Nothing worse than getting down on a scone with nothing to wash it down with. Third fail. Again this is Mother's Day.

So we finished our scones and then ordered soups. We each got a different soup and they were all good but lacked seasoning. Next came the sandwiches and dessert tray. This was average, not bad but not the best. The egg puffs that were brought out 'warm' I'm pretty sure were microwaved. So I wasn't a real fan of those. We had to ask for refills on tea and water. Fail again. The unwelcoming guy, who seemed to just walk around the restaurant like he was important, came by to ask how everything was. He mostly just annoyed me. He was not professional and in the middle of the restaurant told the other girl to take a break...just not a lot of class. It's a small place, so have an idea of your surroundings. He seemed to bark orders but not really do much.

Overall the tea and food were ok, I will definitely not go back for a special event, as I'm not sure there staff handles it well. I would give one of their themed teas a shot and maybe try the pub next door. But since this place is pretty out of the way for me, so it is unlikely. Was really just hoping for a special experience for Mother's Day.

1 Thank Amandi34
Grecia, Costa Rica
“Personal service, excellent British food”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We took my British in-laws to the Wildflower to celebrate our daughter's graduation from CU.

The food was outstanding and the service was very personal. The Shepherd's Pie is the traditional kind made with lamb instead of ground beef.

The Cornish pasties were flavorful and the crust was flaky.

My in-laws were impressed with the authenticity of the food and it really topped off a great day. Will return.

Westminster, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best kept secret is getting out!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

A wonderful experience by a family owned restaurant. John and his wife prepare authentic British cuisine from scratch and provide service like I've never experienced here. They are attentive, warm, friendly and genuine. The atmosphere is great. It is off the "beaten path" just enough to give is a wonderful ambiance. The food is FANTASTIC!

1 Thank DeeLynn2014