“Nice hotel, free parking and no resort fee”

Omni Interlocken Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Broomfield
Los Angeles, California
“Nice hotel, free parking and no resort fee”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at the Omni Interlocken with my wife and two daughters for a family vacation. The lobby area is grand. There are two outdoor pools, which was nice to get away if one pool got crowded. On Friday and Saturday evening, the hotel hosts a movie in the pool area. During my weekend, it was Cars and Cars 2, so I assume that the selected movies were family friendly.

The rooms were spacious. A regional softball tournament was playing in the area (I saw at least three teams staying at the Omni). Unfortunately, we could not get a rollaway bed because they were requested by other guests. There is a refrigerator in the room that is used to store food/drink items for purchase, which has limited room to allow you to store some of your own items than need chilling

If I had to do it again, I'd request a room on the upper floors with a view of the mountains. We were located on the 2nd floor, which gave us a view of the air conditioning units on top of the lobby roof. We were offered to move rooms a couple days into our stay, but by that point, it was easier just to stay in place.

As for Internet connections, there there is free access in the lobby, and you can get access if you join the Omni loyalty reward program. In the lobby, there are two Internet stations that will allow you 15 minutes of free access if you provide a credit card number. It starts charging if you exceed 15 minutes of if you print more than two pages.

We were glad that that there are no charges for parking no for resort fees. In all, we had a nice stay.

Room Tip: Upper floor with view of mountains
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Windy City
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After an amazing stay at the Omni's Washington DC location, we were excited to add a stop to their Bloomfield resort during our recent trip to Colorado. Our room, while well appointed and tidy, had an issue that was not handled well by the front desk staff. They were disrespectful, immature and unkind...and in front of our children no less. There is never a need for staff to roll eyes or talk about customers (we can hear you when you whisper). We will not return and cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Interlocken Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We apologize for the issues you experienced with our front desk during your recent stay. Our staff should never be disrespectful, immature or unkind to any guest and this behavior won’t be tolerated. We’ve shared your review with our front office manager and they will review it with our staff. Again we are sorry for your encounter with the front desk. While we know you won’t be returning to our hotel, we hope you will still consider staying at our other hotels despite our error.
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Rooms were very comfortable. Bed was KING and that is always good. View was nice. Woke up to see the mountains. Hotel was a large resort hotel stuck in the middle of an office park. Kind of strange for a resort hotel. Amenities were not up to a resort--Need better toiletries--Need better towels and a showercap etc would be nice. The Conference catering was OK--but really not up to Omni standard INHMO. Staff was very nice but didnt make up for the below Omni standard.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Interlocken Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We will pass along your comments to our management and see if we can upgrade the toiletries and towels. We’re sorry that you didn’t think the catering was up to Omni standards, but we will let our chef and his team know about your comments as well. Our goal is always to be improving, so thank you for letting us know where to focus our efforts.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed for a 4-day conference. The staff were some of the best I've ever encountered - very friendly and professional. Resort amenities are great. The golf was fantastic with views of the mountains from most holes. I wasn't familiar with the Omni brand before staying but I'll certainly consider them for future travel.

Stayed June 2013
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we made you aware of our brand. We hope to see you again in Denver, and we welcome you to try our hotels in other cities.
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Great location...close to Boulder, and easy access to/from airport. Service was very good. Friendly and helpful staff in all areas. Nice pools, and we lived the fire pits at night. Very nice stay. Even arranged a late check out for us with no hesitation. We will return.

• Stayed June 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I hate to write this review because I love the Omni brand, and have always had excellent stays in Omni hotels. I just don't feel like the property is up to the Omni standard. I walked into the hotel at 1:00 PM and was told no rooms were available, and the front desk attendant would call me when one was available - I was fine with that because I was early. To make a long story short, they never called. I returned at 3:00 PM, and was told no rooms that fit my reservation were available. I agreed to a lesser room, and was very disappointed with the condition and cleanliness of the room. After seeing the pictures I took of the room, they switched me to another room. It was o.k., but I would not say it was Omni quality. The two bright spots were the on-site restaurant which was great, and the front desk attendant Monika Tilley who was very helpful and friendly. We did not use the pool, but many people seemed to be having fun, and I hear the golf course is very nice. The lobby was also clean and nice, and the door attendants were very friendly. I only stayed for one night, but from what I experienced, I can not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SPKS
We would like to apologize for not calling you to let you know that either your room type was ready, or that we would not have one available at 3 p.m. We are also sorry that your original room and the room that you were reassigned to was not up to your expectations. Our goal is to present the best product possible to our guests and not be misleading, so we will make sure our housekeeping department is made aware of the review and that we make sure to present the highest possible cleanliness in our rooms. We hope that you will still consider staying at our other hotels despite your experience with us.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very nice facility, large rooms and great staff from arrival to departure, Although the grounds are nicely designed (pool, waterfall, outdoor bar) I think it is a bit of stretch to bill this as a "resort". It is located about 35 minutes from denver in a new & growing suburban office park. The restaurant & the conference food was well above average. Their breakfast is a steal at $17.00...pretty much anything you want to eat custom cooked. (apparently available when they are not setting up the buffet.)

Room Tip: Try for one facing the mountains with a balcony on the higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
Central Business District
Four Seasons Hotel Denver
St Julien Hotel and Spa
#2 of 23 in Boulder
Downtown
The Crawford Hotel
The Crawford Hotel
#2 of 157 in Denver

Been to Omni Interlocken Hotel? Share your experiences!