“Good experience as a conference attendee!!”

Omni Interlocken Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Broomfield
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I came to this hotel as a business traveler and a lead presenter for a 2 day conference. My experience was excellent overall.
Room: updated and first class amenities.
Front Desk: friendly and prepared. On checkout, I was late to setup a shuttle, but they got me setup with 10 min to spare.
Conference Room staff: as a presenter, you need some extra support and each time I asked, the staff was ready to serve. I needed a space for a quick change of clothes, my meal to go as I was leaving for the airport, lighting change on the fly during my presentation.
Food: conference food can be so so, but I was impressed with not only the presentation of the different meals (served or buffet) but the flavor that accompanied the meals. We had a dance party Friday evening and the hotel had 2 staff members stationed at ice cream sundae tables. That was fun for everyone. Many toppings to choose from.
Sad that I didn't get to enjoy playing bad golf like many of the people I saw out my window. :o) It would have been nice to experience the full amenities.

1  Thank Scott H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,393)

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Traveled here for a dance competition (Adrenaline dance). Very lovely hotel. Staff was extremely helpful and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravlQueen
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My daughter is a student at CU Boulder so my wife and I come to visit 2 or 3 times every year. Every time we choose to stay at the Omni and every stay has been very good. The loyalty rewards program is very generous and always provides something nice each stay. Looking forward to getting back there in about 2 weeks! Almost forgot....the pool and grill / outdoor bar is awesome!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph K
Reviewed April 16, 2012

For the past year I have spent over 60 nights at this wonderful hotel while traveling for business. The staff are attentive, helpful, and strive to call you by name. The rooms and beds are comfy and large, the gym is one of the best hotel gym I've seen with an attached spa incase you need a massage after a long day. I can highly recommend the bar and restaurant and the shuttle service that will recommend and take you to other restaurants nearby. It's been real treat to stay here while I work away from home. My home away from home!

Room Tip: Try rooms facing the mountains higher than the 4th floor have great views.
1  Thank Diane J
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Interlocken Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

We are very appreciative of your business and happy to be your home away from home. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your stays more comfortable.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I am almost embarrassed to say we believed the hotel manager and came back for round 2 to see if the last awful stay was just a fluke or if this Omni just truly needs a management and customer service overhaul. This place needs an overhaul. I stay in the Denver area very frequently and because of a lot of other travel in the US, have chosen Omni as the chain I prefer because all other Omni hotels have truly been exemplary (especially the William Penn in Pittsburgh, PA). We have platinum status due to the number of stays and even with a free night certificate stay this time....I still feel like I paid too much.

To be fair -- this place and it's staff are just plain lazy and annoying. I'm not the person who pops in for one overnight -- I'm normally here for 3-5 nights. The things wrong each time just add up. This "last chance" trip -- we checked in online before arrival -- that was lost -- had to go to desk and they had no clue why we couldn't have express checked in; we brought our own bags to the room on a luggage cart by ourselves -- did the bellhop get laid off?? (5PM on Monday afternoon and yes - we were the ones that left the cart by the elevator); - got to room to find broken safe (would not work at all to keep valuables because obviously broken and open) and clogged bathtub (two calls to get this fixed downstairs - not a good start); crappy internet service (bad/weak signal) that I also couldn't log onto because they spelled the name wrong at check-in; door service at the front about 20% of the time as everyone is congregated at the front desk just chatting amongst themselves (see review below by "aguynamedkon" -- he's right on); no beverage service showed the 2nd day; the wrong beverages sent the 3rd day; no maid showed the 2nd day (left message and had cleaning at 6PM); and tonight (the 4th night and hallelujah last night) we came in to find that the dirty dishes from beverages this AM (a tray) were still here and no turn down service had shown by 9PM. After a call to front desk to say we were putting tray in hall, they showed up at 10PM after we got in bed and said they could come in then for turn down (I guess get us out of bed). You can't make this stuff up. I am happy to save some money on the tip for the maid this week, at least.

I'm not a person who thinks they should be treated better because I'm platinum (due to the number of stays) at all -- but you would "think" that they would try the hardest for people that stay the most in appreciation. Personally, I'd do it for all of my customers, but that whole "customer service" seems to escape the management here. I can't wait to see what is wrong with the bill tomorrow before we finally get out of here.

A couple of pros because I want to be fair -- the spa -- from the front desk manager of the spa to the people who work there -- great service. He scheduled me a last minute appt and rearranged to meet schedule. Exceptional and responsive. The place LOOKS pretty good....sure the parking lot hasn't been paved since pre-construction 5 years ago or so (fun in heels)...but the inside of the hotel looks like am Omni should. And also...The prairie dogs all over the lawn to the side of the hotel -- I'm sorry, but they are so adorable (100s) and provide relaxing entertainment when you walk out of this miserable place angry each day.

Cons - People who just come to work and do the minimal in managing and providing service to this place. The platinum level welcome amenity (a 1 oz package of "Grawnola - orange/cranberry raw vegan gluten free snack) - blah; rooms that have issues before you check in (tub/safe/a phone that has pre-programmed buttons that don't work); and all the above mentioned misery.

One of these alone is enough to cross off the list - but all in one visit? There is a manager at the nearby Boulder IHOP that this chain needs to hire to take over the management of this hotel -- HE GETS IT. His people get it....it shows in how he and his staff do their jobs. The IHOP is the shining icon and model of what the franchise/chain should be.

Good riddance, Omni Broomfield. I'll just drive through the lot and visit the prairie dogs on my next stay and keep going to the Renaissance or another hotel in the area. Enough is enough.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel down the road -- much better experience.
5  Thank tlc232

We apologize that we didn't get thing right on the second try. We will take your comments and work to improve in all areas. We strive to provide excellent service at our hotel and throughout all hotels as a brand. We hope that despite your experiences at our hotel, you will still consider staying at our other properties.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Before you read this review, go to the Omni Hotel website and sign up for the free Select Guest program. Amenities are immediate and include free WiFi to basic room service.

Third time out to this hotel for business in two years. Hotel is very clean in and out with rooms being very well maintained and showing little wear.

24 Hour room service is available at this hotel.. but would recommend the Meritage for at least one dinner if you have time. Tap Room is great for a drink, meal and socializing. (It can be a little loud for conversation due to acoustics of this room)

Room Tip: Ask for a high room / mountain view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AIFL
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I live a few miles from the Omni and decided to spend one night at the hotel over spring break with my kids and two of their friends. I have never stayed at an Omni property before so I was a little apprehensive. At check-in, I realized that we had made a fabulous choice! The kids received a welcome bag at check-in with goodies that made them feel special. The heated outdoor pool was such a treat in March, and the only outdoor one I found open in the Denver area. Heated, 24 hour, year round pool.... SCORE!!! The hotel was clean, rooms were spacious, and the Meritage has excellent food.We will definitely be coming back for our next vacation close to home!

Room Tip: Call the morning of arrival to request an early check-in. Book the breakfast package for a good dea...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sasincolorado
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel
1 mi away
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield
TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield/Interlocken
St Julien Hotel and Spa

Been to Omni Interlocken Hotel? Share your experiences!