“Nice conference location”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Broomfield
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
“Nice conference location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed just one night during a 2 day business conference. Spent most of the time in meetings, but the facilities were quite nice. Room was very comfortable, bed was almost too soft. Robes hanging in the closet, nice bathroom, shampoo, etc. Excellent view of the golf course and pool from my room. Wish I could have stayed for a few more days and taken advantage of the pool, spa, massage and other amenities. Food for the business luncheon and dinner was good, excellent service as well.

Hotel is in a newly developed area, very close to a retail area with some good mid-level restaurants. Everything was well landscaped and seemed to be fairly new.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is my third time staying at this property and I am always pleased. They strive to deliver great service and on the whole they succeed. My daughter and I love going swimming in the heated pool. And as select guest we get up to 4 beverages delivered to the room for free in the morning. Great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I love to go overnight about every other month, and are always trying new places. We like to spend about $120 nt. on average. A few places have just really stood out as head and shoulders above the rest, the Omni Interlochen was not one of them. We were expecting a lot more. It wasn't that the staff wasn't nice, they smiled and were friendly. It's just that for $150 we got a basic basic room on the 2nd floor with a distant view of the mountains over the extended roof of the hotel. The inside of the hotel just didn't seem "user friendly". The clerk kind of waved his hand and told us that the restaurant and bar were over "in that direction". No menus of any kind were in the room to tell us what they offered. I guess there was some kind of small continental breakfast available in the lobby? We weren't told of it until checkout. THere was a $6 bottle of water available in the room along with a $3.50 small can of Pringles and assorted completely overpriced snacks. Oh, did I mention that those very tiny bottles of alcohol were $5.50?! Omni, wake up! There's some amazing competition out there, so we won't be back, even if room was quiet and the bed pretty comfortable.

Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Due to a unfortunate mishap at another rental location we made a quick reservation at the Omni Interlocken. Boy were we pleased. We got a very good rate for a last minute reservation (Like an hour before arrival. From the first interaction at the front desk to our check out three days later we couldn't have been more pleased. Everyone was helpful and friendly. The room was lovely and very comfortable. We were lucky enough to get a room with a balcony with a mountain view and the sunset. Not all rooms have balconies. The food at the casual restaurant was great with comfortable outside/inside dining. We had a wonderful breakfast buffet at the more formal restaurant (Sorry can't remember the name of either).

The pool area was great. Showed outdoor movies on weekends. Even had popcorn.
Nice spa, good workout area.

Fairly good location. Outside Denver but an easy ride to get there. Nice small mall across the way with good restaurants.

Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony. Not all rooms have them. You will either get a pool view or mountain.
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

The first thing that struck me as odd about this hotel is the location – it is in a somewhat industrial area of Broomfield and has a very stark landscape. The hotel itself is well maintained; the lobby area, spa, gym and guest rooms are nicely furnished and updated. On the immediate grounds there are 2 pools, a hot tub, 2 huge round gas fire pits and an outdoor ballroom area, while right next door is a 27-hole golf course. 5 minutes away is the Flatiron Crossing shopping mall with some really nice restaurants. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the mall/restaurant area which is nice if you plan on having dinner and drinks there. If you plan to visit both Denver and the Rocky Mountain National Park, this is the perfect location since it is situation right between both places. We alternated day trips to RMNP (an hour away) and Denver (40 minutes away) which worked out very well. Side tip: A car pass to RMNP cost $20 and is good for an entire week! We did not use the spa during our trip so I can’t comment on that portion of the resort. Overall we had no complaints with the service we encountered during our stay – so that is a thumbs up in my book considering what others have experienced. Thought I’d share some other observations for those who are looking into booking this hotel for their next vacation.

Hotel Pros:
- Kid-friendly movies are screened nightly during the summer at the outdoor pool area
- The hotel pub has amazing food and over 2 dozen microbrews on tap
- Complimentary fruit (usually apples) are offered in the lobby and gym for guests

Hotel Cons:
- Lack of scenery, not much activity in immediate area besides golf
- Small pool and surrounding area - it got crowded on weekends and there were not enough chaise lounges and umbrellas
- This place can be very wedding friendly with 2 or 3 going on at the same time. This makes for a very crowded place when that happens

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I often go on trips with my mother, and we usually make it a point to stay in 4 or 5 star hotels. My mother has recently been under a lot of stress, so I thought I would take her on a "get-away" trip for some spa and relaxation time. We had a WONDERFUL experience with the Mokara Spa in San Antonio, so I had high expectations for this one as well. The Omni looked like a beautiful hotel and claimed to be four starts, so I booked it.

Let me say up front--I have never felt the need to write a review online for any service in the past. Nor am I a "snooty" person. When I stay at a hotel that claims to be 4 or 5 stars I only want two things: excellent staff service and courteous guests.

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I would stay at a Drury before I stayed here again. It did have many good points: the food was top notch and my actual massage at the spa (I'll get to the atmosphere...) was wonderful. However: both nights my mother and I were awakened after midnight to guests yelling/partying in the hall. I got a total of 3 hours of sleep last night (and yes we did complain both nights--it didn't do any good).

On Saturday we went down to the spa, hoping to escape the wedding parties and all of the loud kids running around the hotel. We asked if they had a hot tub we could use--they said they did--we were so excited! However, they took us back through the spa to the main hotel's pool/hot tub. AND the path through the spa is open to guests going to the pool. That's right ladies: while you are trying to relax and get a massage, be prepared to hear people running up and down the hallway and talking loudly. Because that is what I got to experience my entire massage. And after your massage , when you are hoping to grab a relaxing shower in the locker room? Be prepared for mothers to be in there with their kids, hosing them down.

After all of the partying last night, we boarded the elevators this morning to find an empty copenhagen can and spit on the floor. Sound like a four star hotel to you?

If you have little kids and want to go on a family vacation--I can see this being a nice hotel. Likewise, if you are young and want to party for your friend's wedding--check it out.

For the record, I'm 26. I just have common courtesy, and don't run around like an idiot.

I hope people who are expecting to go to this hotel for a nice, relaxing spa weekend will read this review and seriously re-consider.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank AmyRD2011
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Interlocken Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the great comments about the quality of our food and the actual massage. The resort can get very busy especially on summer weekends and it's common that we'll have wedding parties staying with us as well. We try to control the volume as best we can and separate our guests who are looking for a more relaxing stay in a quieter part of the hotel, but it can be difficult when we are sold out. We certainly are sorry about the noise and we'll continue to do our best to provide all our guests with a relaxing environment.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

Our first trip a month ago here was a total disaster. I booked a couples room package and the night when I checked in I never received my champagne. So I thought that we'll leave for a bit for them to bring it up and do a turndown service. So on our return from going out to get some items from the mall near by, nothing has changed. So I had to call down to get my champagne and a turndown. When they did the turndown, they said that they wouldn't charge me for it even though it was part of the package. Then the next morning got our breakfast and only had ten minutes to eat it before room service came in and took it. Upon checkout, I found out I was charged an extra $101 for the package that I already paid for with the room. Took them two weeks just to refund that money and no apologies from management. I took their survey that they usually send out and I told the honest truth of how I was treated there, especially for my wife's special day too. So they offered me a free night stay for all the problems we encountered, so I happily turned the other cheek to give them another try to make up for the bad service. Lets just say I should've never turned the other cheek. Received another night of bad service again. Never got what my loyalty program perks that I was suppose to get. Got a crappy room that we never cleaned and they left used toiletries in the bathroom. Good thing we brought some of our own. Also who ever and may be just the staff there saying that this hotel is quiet, is full of it. Our floor had a bunch of immature kids running around the hall yelling and screaming like it's Disneyland there and the parents nor the staff did anything about it. Walls are paper thin that you might even hear the next room doing their business in the bathroom. Pass on this, don't let their so called "Four Diamond" rating pull you in. Over priced for lacking service.

5 Thank happytravelingguy
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Interlocken Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
We would like to apologize for both bad experiences you had at the hotel. A dirty room and a noisy hallway is not a relaxing environment. That being said we are more than happy to send housekeeping to freshen up a room at anytime and if there are neighbors causing too much noise and disturbing other guests we are more than happy to send security to warn about noise levels. The majority of our guests have left 4 and 5 star reviews on TripAdvisor, and we're sorry that you're stay wasn't of that caliber.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
Downtown
The Westin Westminster
#5 of 19 in Westminster
Central Business District
Four Seasons Hotel Denver

Been to Omni Interlocken Hotel? Share your experiences!