“Best guacamole and best menudo!”
Review of La Placita Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Placita Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Some of the food is not the best, but we have been eating at LaPLacita since 1982 and always go back. The guacamole and the menudo are excellent. Much better than Santiago's across the street. Green chile a little bland, but we are fine with that. If it is too hot you cannot enjoy it. We enjoy the steak with green chili, refried beans, rice, and tortillas at a very reasonable price. I will agree they need to do something about the sinks in the restrooms. The p-trap needs to be removed and cleaned out so sinks will drain. They fill up when you wash your hands and take forever to drain. Prices are the most reasonable I have seen in years at a Mexican Restaurant. They definitely need to stop charging for chips and salsa. This is a part of any Mexican dining.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

La Placita has the best enchiladas, hands down! Their salsa is also very good...flavorful, a little heat, but not too hot! I love their enchilada plate. Their re-fried beans are very tasty...probably not healthy, but I must admit, tasty!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've been going to La Placita since I was little and have go (sometimes more than once) have it whenever we are back visiting. Everything is great! I've never had a bad meal. A real authentic restaurant and very reasonably priced for what you get.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I took my mother to this place because I had a a voucher from Restaurant.com. We sat down before two other tables, but were approached by the waitress last. Ok, no big deal right? As it says on my voucher which i had printed off an hour prior, I handed the voucher to the waitress before we ordered any food. She told me that they no longer accepted these. I told her that can't be because i just printed it off. She told me that she would ask the manager. She came back 5 minutes later saying that the manager would be out to speak with us shortly. She asked if she could take our order, and I stated that we should wait to talk to the manager. 10 minutes later the manager came out and said that they don't except these vouchers and i need to check with restaurant.com. I looked it up on my phone and the manager said that the website was wrong. I told her that whenever a restaurant quits accepting vouchers Restaurant.com posts that and gives a credit. She said that we were out of luck. When my mother and I got up to leave I mentioned that maybe I will just have to leave a review online, to which she responded "do whatever makes you happy", and "this place has been here for over 30yrs" to which I responded "that's surprising seeing that it's less than 10% full". So now by leaving this review I've done what made me happy. We drove across the street and ate at Santiagos. Great service and good food, for cheap too. Drive past this dump and go to Santiagos.

3  Thank KyleD97
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I went there on 10/12/12 for dinner. They charge for chips and salsa, I have never been charged for chips and salsa in a mexican resturant before. I had a dish that was 3 tortillas with ground beef between the layers and then covered with cheese, lettuce and green chile. My wife had a beef taco, enchillada, and a tamale. We both had a margarita @ $6.00 ea. The food on a scale of 1-10 was about a 4.5,. we eat mexican at different mexican resturants every Friday nite and this is probably one of the worst. Later that evening both of us got upset stomachs and had to use the restroom several times throughout the night. I think the health dept needs to make a visit there. There are better choices to be had, don't eat here.

3  Thank JethroAvon