“Can we go again???!!!”

Good Times Adventures
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Breckenridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Colorado's back country with the most trusted name in Rocky Mountain Excitement!Established in 1986, Good Times Adventures is the only snowmobile and dog sledding tour operator actually in Summit County. Our lodge is located just a few miles from downtown Breckenridge and is an easy drive from all of the major resorts in the central Rockies! We are proud to be a locals favorite and the #1 ranked touring company on TripAdvisor! Whether you are just looking to get away from the slopes for a few hours, or coming for a full day of fun with the whole gang, you will leave Good Times with some of the greatest memories of your time here in Colorado. Come see us and find out for yourself why we are ‘Good Times’!
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have two children, ages 6 and 8. My 8-year old loves animals. My 6 year old is terrified of dogs because he was attacked by a German Shepard when he was 4. We went on this trip because my kids had recently watched the movie Snow Buddies so they though Dog Sledding was the coolest thing on earth. This adventure left nothing to be desired.

The dogs were so gentle with the kids and even my 6 year old just couldn't get enough of petting them and hugging them. They both had a fantastic time behind the sled leading the team. It amazes me that these dogs are so well behaved and good natured that children can lead the sled without an adult. It made my kids feel so grown up and was a fantastic experience for them.

As an animal lover, I am always concerned about how animals are treated at these types of places. Let me tell you that I have never seen a happier bunch of dogs. They genuinely seemed to be loving every minute of the trip as much as we were. They were so eager to just run, run, run. And when we'd take a break, they'd start rolling in the snow like a bunch of playful, happy children. Our guide talked about how you can even come visit the dogs in the summer time and play with them. And he told us about the adoption program they have for the dogs once they get a little older. My daughter wants to move to Breckenridge so we can play with the dogs all the time and adopt all the dogs when they retire. Even my son, who is terrified of dogs, wants to have these wonderful dogs as pets!

Once we were off the sled and the trip was over, my kids both said, "Can we go again Mommy? Pleeeeease???". Obviously I'm not made of cash, so I told them they would have to wait again until next year. But at least I knew they clearly loved their adventure!

1  Thank Pamela T

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We initially booked a snowmobiling tour for the afternoon but could not make due to a snowstorm that day that shut down the highway due to multiple accidents so there was no way to get to Breckenridge We called to cancel and the lady on the phone said that there would normally be a cancellation fee but she would work with us on that, that was a little odd even thinking to charge a cancellation fee when the highway is shut down. Regardless, we made another reservation for the next morning and had a wonderful time dog sledding on a sunny day after a snowstorm the night before.
Good Times Adventures is located about 6 miles outside of Breckenridge and is easy to find though I imagine the road might not always be passable without a 4WD but if they also offer free pick up in Breckenridge and Frisco area. Once you get to the end of tiger road, it is impossible to miss as their parking lot is the dead end and it seems that there is nothing else for miles around. We got there a little before our scheduled tour time, filled out waiver forms and got snow boots. There are also snow suits and helmets available but are usually only used by snowmobilers, which do less movement, unless it is a particularly cold day. Then we went outside and met our guide and a dog sled team of 8 huskies.
Each tour only includes six people, 8 dogs and a guide, a guide drives on a snowmobile with a carriage that seats 4 people upfront, and the dogs are trained to follow the snowmobile and pull the carriage/sledge with one musher and one passenger. The guide stops frequently and then the participants switch, e.g. someone who was mushing becomes a passenger etc, so everyone in our group got an opportunity to mush at least twice. And the guide lets you pick a part of the trail that you would like to mush, so you can choose a more challenging downhill route with turns or relatively easy straight uphill depending on how confident you feel.
Everyone in our group had an awesome time and we filmed the whole adventure with a goPro video cam, we had our own, but you can also rent a camera on site. We would definitely come back next time we are in Breck and try snowmobiling!

2  Thank merryl8
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Myself and family have visited Colorado to ski on a number of occasions and we like to have a break from scaring ourselves on the slopes and to do something different. This year we had narrowed the options down to sledding or snowmobiling, both of which we had done before.

Without exception, the family, including three teenagers, plumped for the dog sledding. We are all animal lovers and have no fear of the dogs, and based our choice on the 'wow factor' of previous experience.

All administrative matters were handled efficiently. We booked by phone, though it would have been nice to receive an email confirmation of the booking. The place is easy to find at the end of Tiger Road just outside Breckenridge. On arrival, we quickly completed the waiver formalities and where additional clothing/boots/helmets might be be appropriate, Goodtimes oblige.

Then we are outside with the dogs, photographer and our guide. Having the opportunity to share the realities of the dog sledding world, from dealing with pack hierarchy, promotions, demotions, maintenance through to retirement is genuinely interesting - particularly as our guide was also an experienced sled racer, with his own pack. After briefing on the controls and key commands - we were off !

The sled carries one passenger and the driver whilst the remainder are up front with the guide in a snowmobile pulled sledge - great for photos and a rest ! For a team of five, such as us, everyone had plenty of opportunity to try each position on more than one occasion - nobody feeling left out.

Each of my teenagers enjoyed this second visit more than the first - seeing genuine smiles is a great pleasure for any parent at any time, but particularly from kids of this age. Throughout the trip our guide supplied a constant stream of interesting facts and trail stories, before we headed back into base, said our goodbyes to the dogs, the guide and picked up our photo's for the grandparents.

Wholly recommended.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We did both the 2.5 hour snowmobile tour and the dog sled ride. What an awesome experience! My boys are 15 and 12 and loved doing both adventures. I took the advice from TripAdvisor and asked for Nate as our guide for the snowmobile tour. Nate was very fun and was a great guide to our family and friends (there were 7 of us total). We had 5 drivers, 2 riders in our group. Nate reviewed all the safety rules with us and let us go at speeds we were all comfortable with (FAST). The view at the top of the mountain was beautiful! If you take the tour ask for Nate! We also did the dog sled ride (a different day) and had Blake as our guide. He too was awesome and made the experience for all of us fun. There were only four of us in the group so we all got plenty of time to drive the sled. The dogs were friendly and eager to run! Blake explained to us how to drive and ride in the sled. He explained all the dogs to us and their position. Our pictures and video are awesome and I would highly recommend this experience if your visiting Colorado.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the only place to go to snowmobile! If you are in vale it is worth the drive. The guides are such fun and the views are amazing. We will be back! We wish we had never wasted a day at Sage.

1  Thank kamlyn